PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or POLY??? Help!!!

chick20679
04-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi All!
Just looking for some advice.
I am planning a trip this December with my fiance and his special needs son.
I am trying to decide where to stay for our trip. Originally, I was thinking of POFQ (my new favorite hotel)... however, now I am thinking of the Polynesian (stayed there once when I was younger) but I am having a really hard time justifying the cost of the room.
We will definitely be spending more time in the room this trip, and being right on the monorail would be great, but I'm having a really hard time choking down the price.
I do have an annual pass, and AP discounts have historically been announced for the time we are planning on going, but it's still more than I'm really comfortable with.
So, the question remains:
Should I stick with POFQ or REALLY count my pennies and go for the Poly?
What are your thoughts?
Sorry to ramble on so long... :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-12-2008, 07:05 PM
That's a really tough one. When it comes to spending money no one can say but you whether it's worth it or not. I guess because Poly is right on the monorail I would go for that if at all possible. Getting a wheelchair on and off the monorail is considerably easier than getting on one and off the buses and at Poly you'd only have to do the buses for 2 parks instead of all 4.

wdw_bound
04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
You don't mention what his special needs are. I am assuming he is mobility impaired. DD can walk, but needs a special needs stroller. We have stayed at POFQ, POR and WL.

POR was a disaster for us - despite having told our travel agent about DD's needs, we ended up in a room at the back of beyond. By the time we arrived, there was nothing else more suitable, so we toughed it out.

WL is great - the boat to MK is very nice, the set-up of the hotel is such that DD rarely needs her stroller (unless we've been out all day and her legs just can't take anymore). The service can't be beat, and the balcony offers the adults a touch of privacy after the kids are in bed.

POFQ was good, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We were in a room that overlooked the courtyard in front of the foodcourt building, and fairly close to the busstop. It was also close to the pool. However, the rooms are smaller and there is no private balcony.

Depending on his age, needs, whether you'll have a car and the length of your trip, I'd recommend WL or POFQ. Have a great trip!

DawsonAR
04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
My DD is in a wheelchair and we don't stay at POR with her (even though we love it) due to the distance between the rooms and the food court. When it is raining it is really an issue. At the WL we are able to leave the room and go to the food court without being out in the weather.