PDA

View Full Version : Please help with dinning reservation decisions

benny
04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
My friend and I will be visiting WDW from Dec 13 to Dec 21 to see the Christmas decorations at the parks and resorts. (we will be returning to WDW after our cruise in Jan 7 for just under 2 weeks to concentrate on rides at the parks). We will be staying at POP.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what restaurants are a must at resorts and parks/Downtown Disney for our visit just before Christmas? I understand we should make ADR's for this time.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have.

Many thanks
Jenny

Nicki'sMom
04-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Well, I'm not sure if you are travelling with small children or with just adults but that could make a difference in the dining you are recommended. But most adults like at least one character dining experience during their stay regardless if they have kids with them so I will go from there with MY favorites. We took our 3 yo to all of the character dining the last two years in a row and we liked character dining in the resorts much better than inside the parks. It just seems like a nicer and calmer experience and the food was better in our opinion. We loved 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella at the Grand Floridian and we also love Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe(breakfast buffet). All had great character interaction and really good food. For regular dining we like Ohana for dinner and Grand Floridian Cafe. Although I hear Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and California Grill at the Contemporary Resort are not to be missed. Good luck with the trip.

benny
04-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. We will be travelling without children - just two adults, but I thought we should include at least one character meal (maybe Chef Mickey's for breakfast).

I would love to know what restaurants at the resorts you think should not be missed (for lunch for dinner).

Thanks again

Jenny

benny
04-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Whops sorry, I just read your reply properly and you have given me some suggestions for resort restaurants - thanks again!

Kairi_7378
04-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Have you looked into Candlelight Processional packages at Epcot?

I understand that the decorations at the Grand Floridian, the Wilderness Lodge, and the Beach Club are spectacular. I would consider eating at these resorts before Christmas. 1900 Park Faire or Narcooses at GF, or Artists Point or Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL would be great choices. Perhaps Jiko or Boma at the AKL would be good, too.

Natazu
04-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Resort Restaurants:
7. Narcoossee’s
6. Citricos
5. Grand Floridian Café
4. Kona Café
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 01:07 AM
You will want to do a Candlelight Processional Dinner - I would choose something around France, Germany, Italy , Japan, or Morocco as they are the closest to the American Pavilion and you will hopefully get a better place in line and a better seat.

LTT at MK as it is beatifully decorated and the characters are decked out in their Christmas attire. This is a good one before the MVMCP.

Maybe 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM as you will definitely want to see the Osbourne lights

benny
04-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Oh wow - thanks so much everyone for the ideas. I will look into them - we will have enough time to visit several restaurants.

The Candlelight Processional Packages sound interesting. I will look into them.

Once again, thanks!

Jenny