PDA

View Full Version : one item you'd like to find...

battle beast
04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Is there one item you really want, but can never find?

A plus of your favorite character? A pin? A hat? a toy train?

What's yours?

Mine is more :dale::chipdale::chip: Chip & Dale merchandise.

I can never find enough. I mena, I've looked for statues, Animation cells, lithos, posters, plushes, and the stuff they have is few and far between. I really want a Chip and Dale Picture, some thing really cool and affordbale, but... :sigh:

What's yours?

battle beast
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Another item I'd like tos ee is more unique stuff, like bring back the die-cast ride vehicles... those were cool. more statues (the cheaper ones) of characters and make some more unique statues.

wdwnomad
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
The Casey's Corner Christmas Village house. Three years ago when they had it I decided to wait because I figured they would put it up on DisneyShopping like they did the previous year. I figured I could get it with a discount with a code or if it went on sale. Not only did it never a appear on the wesbite they discontined the house!!! I haven't seen it since. To add insult to injury, during the year they had them on the website, I could have gotten three of the houses for like the price of one of them. My collection would have been complete by now if only....

I am constantly kicking myself for all this....should have, could have, would have. I have a feeling I am going to have to buy the Casey's Corner house on ebay. Every year they go for well over $100 on it.

TinkerbellT421
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
In '07 we were walking near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and spotted a Rubberish type material Mickey about 8 or 9" in height holding a cork board for pins, in the pin store there (Forget the name of the store). Me and my DBF were a little cranky cause we were tired and going home the next day :-(/ and for some reason we didn't get one even though we wanted one. But we were going back the following January (Jan. '08) and figured we would get us each one then, or even just one if we couldn't find two. Then we were never able to find it again. We went back in January and were never able to find, and also cannot find it in any store. And I have seen it on eBay I was going to buy it for our anniversary but the person was selling it for like $75 and that was way too much seeing we are saving every week in order for us to have our DVC pts. SO yes I wish I could find one. Oh well. I heard someone say they knew what it was and that they stopped making those a year ago. :-( Oh well. Maybe someday I can find one at a yard sale or something lol. :secret:

MickeyandTink
04-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I would love to have a swizzle stick set or other barware items with each park's signature item on top (Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, Cinderella Castle, Sorcerer's hat)

i'm grumpy
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Many years ago they had small figurines of rides with characters inside.

like2workout
04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
i'm always looking for a new photo album, and one that is different from my prior trip. I buy one (or 2) every trip. they always have great ones. i have 2 different ones that feature the tower of terror, which is my favorite ride, and i also think it's a little unusual that they feature a photo album based on a ride. i hope they keep making new ones!

KineGirl
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I have the opposite problem - I find EVERYTHING :shop: I want but cant possibly get it all :spend: I always tell myself that I dont really need anything else this year as Ive got it all already it seems and then BAM they come out with something I GOTTA HAVE :blush:

mdhiggin
04-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I am always looking for a Disney Planner. I can only find calendars. Try checking on ebay for that Casey's Corner stuff. They seem to have everything, even discontinued stuff.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 02:45 PM
I have looked everywhere for a Dutchess plush...(Aristocats Mom)...Last year I tried to buy one in a window in DtD with no luck...I hope one day we will find her...

Bethanymouse
04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
A few years ago I saw a poster of Main Street all lit up. It was beautiful. It was a the long view horizontally. I havent seen it since.....I should have bought it, I have checked everywhere!:(

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
One piece of the B&TB French Village. It is the one with Belle and the sheeps at the fountain. I couldn't afford it years ago when they were out. By the time I had enough money to purchase it they had sold out of it. I check every now and then to see if I can find one online.

paragon
05-11-2008, 08:01 AM
I'd love to have miniatures of Main Street.
I also wish they would make the snow globes and character figurines in ceramic again, I'm not a huge fan of the polyresin that most are made from today. Some look more like toys than collectibles.

pink
05-24-2008, 03:44 PM
It's nothing in particular but I just wish I could find more unique things. I seem to see the same stuffed animal, shirt, pin, mug everywhere. :mickey:

Davyjones
05-24-2008, 04:10 PM
A nice Finding Nemo adult watch. And more Finding Nemo stuff!

:dory::nemo:

DisneyDudet
05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
STERLING SILVER Mickey head posts. They have them in sets, which I don't want, and in the cheapie stuff. I just want the 3 dot mickeys... I have the ones with the face, but they are so big. :(

Also, I would like more Nurse Minnie stuff. Gus from Cinderella... There was one time I saw a pin that just had him on it. I wanted that, plus a little ceramic figurine... lo and behold, nothing.

Also, I would like more Mickey shaped retractable card holders. I use them for my badges at work, and I get comments all the time on them. I would like them to make more, and durable this time!

RSGBSG2002
05-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I would love nothing more than to have more toys based on the rides and hotels in WDW. The monorail line that came out a few years back was brilliant. I wish they still sold such things.

And even though it doesn't exist, I'd love a video game based on WDW for the Playstation 2 or 3. They had one for Playstation and Nintendo years ago, but a new one would be awesome in comparison. (Not to mention that it would replace VMK.)

Davyjones
05-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I would love nothing more than to have more toys based on the rides and hotels in WDW. The monorail line that came out a few years back was brilliant. I wish they still sold such things.

And even though it doesn't exist, I'd love a video game based on WDW for the Playstation 2 or 3. They had one for Playstation and Nintendo years ago, but a new one would be awesome in comparison. (Not to mention that it would replace VMK.)

I thought this too! I really liked Capcom's "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" on the Nintendo Entertainment System. :thumbsup: I do wish they would come up with a newer version of this for the Nintendo Wii. That would be awesome!! :mickey:

laughingplace<3
05-27-2008, 05:57 PM
FIGMENT MERCHANDISE!

Figment LE pins, and affordable nice art I could put in my room...

Also, some nice Disney jewelry. I find it really hard to find it- I'm a big fan of the Disney Couture line. I am also a huge fan of Pirates and can never find nice quality jewelry themed from it (I don't like all of the Disney Couture pirate merchandise).

katzctkpt
05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Duchess plush cat. The mother in Aristocats. My dd has Marie but would like to get Duchess. We have searched ebay and every disney website known. No luck...:(

Jeniflower
05-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Four years ago my sister got Tigger ears, which where promptly swipped my my brother in law allegedly for my neice but really because they felt so good against his baldy head. She got another set two years ago. But we haven't been able to get them for me :(

Also an Indiana Eyeore to go with our Indiana Tigger (anthing Winnie the Pooh really).

They also do kids ears with colour veils - I want them in my size:eeyore::tigger:

Wolf
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM
My one item I'd love to find is a real working replica of Davy Jones's music box from the POTC movies. I have hunted the net and the world for it to no avail. If anyone knows where to look leme know ok? :blush:

Also I'm sooo with you on the Tigger ears I saw the cutest girl about my age in MK last time wearing them she was one of the cute asian girls in full disney outfits and I have a hunch she might have gotten them overseas because I didn't see hardly and of the stuff they were wearing in the shops.

corleone
06-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm looking for a Disney's duvet set for my nephew. Does Anyone know how much the price and where to find?

Minnie Imagineer
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I would like to find something at wdw that has to do with the Jonas Brothers (hey they're disney)! Maybe a shirt of the castle with them in front of it! But I doubt disney will make that...I would also like to find something, maybe a piece of clothing, that has to do with disney and lacrosse since I play lacrosse (I looked in DtD in the sports store and they had nothing :( ) Also, I would like a scale verison of the entire park(s) for a very cheap price but that won't happen!!!

princessimagineer
06-30-2008, 02:41 PM
i really really really want the small castle, poly, CR, and GF that have the monorail going through them, and i want an entire room in my house devoted to them. *sigh*

i love the idea of a MK video game. i guess the old ones were like before my time. im always bummed that VMK is a WDL replica, not WDW. can they make another VMK for us on the east coast?

also - my family is italian, german and irish so we bought the flag ornaments in WS but we cant find an irish one! they told us to check GB but sadly no.

i also could use a corbin bleu barbie doll :heart:

SurferStitch
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I would love:

1. Edna Mode big figure
2. Sulley and Mike big figure
3. Yzma big figure
4. WALL-E and EVE big figs (I know they are brand new characters, but I would still love them)

*goofy'sgirls*
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I would love to find a mini snowglobe of Jessie and Bullseye to replace the one my niece broke last week. It was very much cherished and very dearly missed.

TikiGoddess
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I would LOVE to get my hands on an artsy, poster sized map of the MK. Or any of the parks for that matter! I've looked and looked... found a couple from the 70's but no recent ones.

I would also love some high quality jewelry. I have a sterling silver mickey head (with fake gemstone inside head) necklace that I wear all the time. I would love to add to my collection!

TikiG

gmgdisneymom
07-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I would love a Stitch shirt for an adult - I have seen them in kids sizes but never mine.

Claudielou
07-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Thimbles! In 1991 we found a pewter thimble with Goofy on top for my mom who collects thimbles. We took her to DW last year and couldnt find a thimble anywhere!:down:

MrsAndre
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
It's a Small World coffee mugs. I bought 2 a few years ago from surplus when I was a CM, but I haven't been able to find them since. I'd like a few more for home - and a couple for my sister. I almost got them 2 months ago on EBay; I was so excited! It would've been just in time for my sister's birthday - but the seller was sold out and hadn't removed the outdated listing from his store :-(

luvdiznee
07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Restaurant Pins!!!:number1:Oh and the resort specific mugs. :secret:

Simba's Mom
09-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I'd love to find a golf club head cover in Dopey. Actually, I'd love to find anything of just Dopey. It seems that Grumpy is the only dwarf Disney tries to market. Last year I was lucky enough to find a Dopey t-shirt at Coronado Springs (the only place I've ever seen one-JUST Dopey, no other dwarfs). And if you're listening, Disney, bring back Dopey to the character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. He was there almost 10 years ago, and we really miss eating with him.

VWL Mom
09-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Last year my kids gave me a silver bracelet made of scrolled Mickey's which they got at the jeweler in DHS. I spent the rest of the week trying to find matching earrings. Every store had the same response "that's a great idea". I'm hoping they liked the idea enough to make them so I can buy them this year!

ShinynewJB
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Also an Indiana Eyeore to go with our Indiana Tigger (anthing Winnie the Pooh really).

If you mean the safari Winnie the Pooh plush toys, then I saw the Eyeore one just this month in a shop in Downtown Disney. Can't remember what it's called, but you can get into it from the Disney Tails store.

He's wearing a back-pack with two maps rolled up in them and a safari hat.

Infact, they sell LOADS of Winnie the Pooh stuff. You should check it out.

DonnaT103
09-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Back in 1987, just before my DS 1st BD, by DH & I went to WDW on our own. We brought back a stuffed Baby Mickey for DS. Little did we know at the time how valuable this toy would become, not only to our DS, but also as a collectable. The following year when we returned with our DS we looked everywhere for another Baby Mickey and could not find another like it. We learn a couple of years later that the Baby Mickey we had bought was an prototype for Baby Mickey and friends and never when into full production. When DS was young I was desperate to find another just in case Baby Mickey was ever lost. DS kept Baby Mickey by his side until he moved into his own apartment, Baby Mickey now lives in my cedar chest, but I have always been on the look out for another in better condition, just in case there is ever a DGS.

GBBT
10-06-2008, 01:13 PM
If they made more Villains merch.,my DW would put us in the poor house.:blush: :malef:

Tinkerbelly84
11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
STERLING SILVER Mickey head posts. They have them in sets, which I don't want, and in the cheapie stuff. I just want the 3 dot mickeys... I have the ones with the face, but they are so big. :(

Also, I would like more Nurse Minnie stuff. Gus from Cinderella... There was one time I saw a pin that just had him on it. I wanted that, plus a little ceramic figurine... lo and behold, nothing.

Also, I would like more Mickey shaped retractable card holders. I use them for my badges at work, and I get comments all the time on them. I would like them to make more, and durable this time!

I love Gus!!! He's one of my all time favs!

chrisb26
11-29-2008, 11:35 AM
I would love to be able to find more Lion King stuff that seems to be very difficult to find.

My friend loves Lion King so my last trip I was looking every where for stuff. I found a couple things in Animal Kingdom but didn't get them :rolleyes: then I was looking in DTD and probably went into every store looking for something Lion King and couldn't find anything really except a very expensive painting and a very expensive statue. I couldn't believe they didn't have really anything else in all of DTD :D