PDA

View Full Version : Spring New England Intercot Meet!

grego77
04-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone!

I miss everyone from the boards terribly and would love to host another NE Meet, especially after the great success of our meet in February (and Kathy's in March!). Here's what I'm thinking...I graduate on May 18th...and people seem to be busy in May...so let's look at June:

June 13-15
June 20-22

I'm thinking we could do a lunch again...another alternative would be this AWESOME place in Westford, MA called "The Butterfly Place". It's such a fun venue, and there's a couple of really nice restaurants close by to eat at. FYI, for you CT/Southern NE people, this place would be an ADDITIONAL 35-40 mins more in travel time than the restaurant in Auburn, MA we went to last time. ;)

Again, these are just suggestions. Please feel free to post additional dates/places to meet.

Having this meet will truly be another wonderful experience...and after finishing exams etc...this is just the medicine!

Hope to hear from you all, and see you in the near future! :mickey:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Greg,

I'd be interested in attending a meet in Massachusetts. I am the sister of MissStyles and daughter of MamaStyles. I've heard nice things about you and Intercot folks in general. :joy:

smiles_rock
04-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Greg,

I would love to do another meet in May! Just let me know when and where. If you need any help, I'm available for that too!
Talk to you soon!
Laurie

MinnieMommie
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey Greg - you are looking at Memorial Day weekend which is not good for me (and not good for travel in general). I have High School graduation the following weekend and then will be in Disney the beginning of June. That complicates things for me till at least
mid- June. Outside of that, The Butterfly Place looks intriguing and I would not mind meeting there. Minniemommie :mickey:

PS How exciting about your upcomong graduation!!!

grego77
04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Amy...How's the weekend of May 9-11? I would be free then as well.

Does this weekend also work for everyone else?

BethieTink
04-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Greg,

Got your pm. While I would love to do a meet, neither of those weekends work for me.

The first weekend I will actually be at Disney!!! WOOHOO!! :cloud9: Can't wait!!

The second weekend is Memorial Day and I have promised DH that it will be spent at home since I will be away without him the two weekends before and we are going away the follwoing weekend to Baltimore to see the Sox.

June is fairly open as of now.

Thanks for thinking of me though. I will definitely make one of these soon.

Beth

grego77
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi Greg,

I'd be interested in attending a meet in Massachusetts. I am the sister of MissStyles and daughter of MamaStyles. I've heard nice things about you and Intercot folks in general. :joy:

:welcome: to Intercot...and thanks for the kind words. I hope to be able to meet you at the meet! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Greg, thanks for the invite and I was hoping to make it to this one but the timing does not work for me. I've got my sister's birthday and Mother's Day stuff planned that May 9-11 weekend, and my son's birthday and Memorial Day weekend at month's end. Not this time for me, I guess. Best wishes for a great meet!

TinkerbellT421
04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
me and my bf have been lurkers on the site for a long time. I finally joined in lol. I love this place. We always come here for all the nice chats and stuff and all the good info. My bf and I actually just got involved in DVC, he used to be a member, long story, but anyhow, we got in it together now. We are actually waiting for the official closing which should happen in the next few weeks. But anyway, we are from RI so a intercot meet in mass is practically perfect. Except, memorial day weekend and mothers day weekend are not good for us as well. But keep us posted if the dates change. June is better.

KAT1811
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
me and my bf have been lurkers on the site for a long time. I finally joined in lol. I love this place. We always come here for all the nice chats and stuff and all the good info. My bf and I actually just got involved in DVC, he used to be a member, long story, but anyhow, we got in it together now. We are actually waiting for the official closing which should happen in the next few weeks. But anyway, we are from RI so a intercot meet in mass is practically perfect. Except, memorial day weekend and mothers day weekend are not good for us as well. But keep us posted if the dates change. June is better.

:welcome: As an official posting member of Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!

Congrats on your DVC. That's great!!!

Greg, I am SO determined to make this meet. I think as of now I am free on the first weekend. I tend to host a family get together on Memorial Day weekend. Keep me posted.

-Kimberly

grego77
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone...

It seems people seem to be free much more in June. How are these weeks for everyone:

June 13-15
June 20-22

I would love to have a meet where everyone can attend, and I don't mind putting it off until a time when people are free. :)

Let me know if either of these weekends work.

Greg :mickey:

grego77
04-15-2008, 01:03 PM
we are from RI so a intercot meet in mass is practically perfect. Except, memorial day weekend and mothers day weekend are not good for us as well. But keep us posted if the dates change. June is better.

:welcome: to Intercot...and I hope to meet you in June (or whenever we decide to meet!) :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome's to intercot. It's like having a second family here I hope to be on here and meet lots of friends. Me and my bf love making friends. We end up making friends in disney every year we go lol. I love this place, and love disney and you guys are so friendly and heartfelt. Love it!!! You guys are the best. I mean really, its a second family to me now. :cloud9:

MinnieMommie
04-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone...

It seems people seem to be free much more in June. How are these weeks for everyone:

June 13-15
June 20-22

I would love to have a meet where everyone can attend, and I don't mind putting it off until a time when people are free. :)

Can do both dates Greg. Whatever works best for all. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome's to intercot. It's like having a second family here I hope to be on here and meet lots of friends. Me and my bf love making friends. We end up making friends in disney every year we go lol. I love this place, and love disney and you guys are so friendly and heartfelt. Love it!!! You guys are the best. I mean really, its a second family to me now. :cloud9:

:welcome: To Intercot!
Hope to meet you and DBF at the MA meet. It will be so much fun!

DisneyCouture
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Hey Greg
The weekend of June 13-15 is better for me. I can't make it the following wked bc of a wedding. How was your April trip? :mickey:

SBETigg
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I can't commit to the June dates with school activities still going on through June. I'll check a few schedules and know more as it gets closer. I'm ever hopeful, but can't be much help in setting a date for now.

KAT1811
04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey everyone...

June 13-15
June 20-22

The first weekend is fine for me. As of now nothing pressing planned.

The second weekend could be a bit of a problem as we are leaving Sunday morning for vacation in NH.

I really hope that I can make this meet. I am dying to meet all of you!!!

Dreamer14
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Sorry I can't make it, I'll be participating in the Disney CP in May. Look for me operating the monorail!!

grego77
04-20-2008, 11:17 PM
June 13-15 seems to be a much better weekend for most people, so preliminarily let's say we'll meet either Sat (June 14) or Sun (June 15).

We'll firm stuff up early next month. Really looking forward to this! :thumbsup::mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I will know better as the date approaches... so for now I am a 'maybe'.

TikiG

tinkerbellybutton
05-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Greg,

:welcome: to INTERCOT both of you! Bruce and me would love to meet all of you, just let us know when and where and we'll try to be there. :D

Walt Lucas
05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
June 15 sounds good to me

grego77
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Please get back to me by PM or posting here on the thread whether Sat (6/14) or Sun (6/15) works better for you. I would like to have date/time scheduled ideally by next weekend, as the next couple weeks are going to be VERY crazy for me with graduating, and going to WDW! :mickey:

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-06-2008, 03:38 PM
The Saturday is probably more likely for me. Not sure of my schedule yet, but I want to try to make it.

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 03:40 PM
As of right now either day is fine for me.

MinnieMommie
05-11-2008, 02:16 PM
At this time both days look clear for me too. :mickey:

smiles_rock
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Either day is fine with me!
Congrats on the graduation Greg!:thumbsup: Thats so exciting!

grego77
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Any other responses for which day would be better for them? Speak up now! :party:

We will have date/time by the end of the weekend, and I'll start getting a headcount at that time! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Any other responses for which day would be better for them? Speak up now! :party:

We will have date/time by the end of the weekend, and I'll start getting a headcount at that time! :mickey:

Hey Greg - Either day is still good for us. I hope your graduation and trips to Disney were fun this month. Can't wait to hear about the interviews! :mickey:

grego77
05-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone.

We're gonna plan on:

SATURDAY, June 14th
The Butterfly Place
Westford, MA
http://www.butterflyplace-ma.com/
11:30 AM

Lunch following at a place to be named later.

We will do a Yankee Swap as well.:mickey:

Let's start a preliminary head count. Please post back with a YES or NO, and I'll start PMing people probably by next week.

YAY! Can't wait to see people!:party:

MinnieMommie
05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes for me Greg. Not sure of the head count yet. I'll bring the trivia quiz. :mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
05-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Congrats on graduating etc. Greg!! :party: The 14th sounds good to me but I'm not sure if it will be just me but I should know by tomorrow. Can't wait to meet you all!

smiles_rock
05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Yes for me!!! I'm so excited to see everyone again!

DisneyCouture
05-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey Greg. I don't think that I would be comfortable driving that far by myself. Plus I am still waiting to see if I am working that weekend. :( I will let u know for sure soon.

MinnieMommie
05-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey Greg. I don't think that I would be comfortable driving that far by myself. Plus I am still waiting to see if I am working that weekend. :( I will let u know for sure soon.

If you want to drive up with me you can. No prob. Send me a PM OK? :mickey:

grego77
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
yay...I'd love to see you! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-30-2008, 07:48 AM
I won't be able to make this meet, unfortunately. Maybe next time!

Kathy

tinkerbellybutton
05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, is there any way that you all could let me know if you're coming, I would like to do something for everyone but I'm going to need the screen names of everyone attending. You could either let me know here or by PM, I'd really appreciate it. Bruce and me will be there, can't wait to see you all!

grego77
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I won't be able to make this meet, unfortunately. Maybe next time!

Kathy

It wont be the same without you Kathy...maybe we need to have another CT meet later this summer???! :mickey:

grego77
05-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I just sent an email out to everyone who has not responded yet with the information for the meet. So far we have:

MinnieMommie (3)
smiles_rock
KAT1811
tinkerbellybutton (2-3)
Disneycouture (1)
AdventurelandTikiGirl (1)
grego77 (1-2)

Keep the responses coming! I want this to be an AWESOME meet! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey Greg - right now I am a party of 4 - me DH, DD and DisneyCouture. If I bring anyone else I'll let you know.

Kathy - we will miss you! Maybe something will change and you will be able to attend.

End of summer in CT sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I just sent an email out to everyone who has not responded yet with the information for the meet. So far we have:

MinnieMommie
smiles_rock
tinkerbellybutton
Disneycouture (maybe)

Keep the responses coming! I want this to be an AWESOME meet! :thumbsup:

Did not receive a message yet.

grego77
05-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Did not receive a message yet.

I only sent PMs to people who have not responded yet. Since you already said yes, I didn't send you or smiles_rock or tinkerbellybutton one.

Can't wait to see you! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-31-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm really sorry to say that I can't make it. My niece is holding her graduation party that day. I'll be thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear about it! :thumbsup:

grego77
06-02-2008, 03:00 PM
any other takers?? :thumbsup:

KAT1811
06-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I am about 90% sure I am going to be able to attend. I was supposed to go to a baby shower for an aquaintence but since I have missed all of the meets I am determined to make this one! I am just making sure that I am set for someone to watch the children. Looks like I'll be finally able to meet all of you!

Kim

grego77
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
SOOO excited to finally meet you Kim! :mickey:

grego77
06-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I just PM'ed people (who had not responded yet) that had shown interest to me for the meet with a "last call". As it looks right now, we will have roughly 10(ish) or so people. That's GREAT! Hopefully, we'll get a couple extra stragglers within the next few days.

Right now, start rummaging through your places of living for that PERFECT Yankee Swap gift (Disney Themed of course!).

I will PM people on Tuesday with final information, including the restaurant we will be going to after the Butterfly Place.

Any questions? Let me know! :mickey:

~Greg :party:

tinkerbellybutton
06-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm working on a little something for everyone. If you could PM me with first names of everyone in your party, screen names (where applicable) and which character out of the following you like best I appreciate it.

Tigger
Ariel
Cinderella
Mickey
Minnie
Tinkerbelle
Pooh

Oh, and by the way, I know it's silly but I don't know what a Yankee gift swap is :blush: could someone enlighten me? Thanks! Can't wait to see you all!

grego77
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Details on Yankee Swap (borrowed AND copied from Kathy's NE Meet thread):

Everyone brings a wrapped, under-$5 Disney themed item. Everyone draws a number out of a bag and then chooses a present in number order. If you like what you've chosen, you keep it. Otherwise you can take something from someone else and trade what you opened. At the end the first person to unwrap gets their choice of all the presents.

I will have restaurant info by the end of the day. I will PM everyone coming tomorrow. There's still plenty of room for last minute stragglers! :party:

grego77
06-09-2008, 08:01 AM
FINAL INFORMATION: :party:

SATURDAY, June 14th
The Butterfly Place
120 Tyngsboro Road
Westford, MA
(978) 392-0955
http://www.butterflyplace-ma.com/
11:30 AM
Admission price: $9.50 (adults), $6.50 (children), under 2 = free

If we get 15 people, we will get group rate ($5.00)...so invite friends! :mickey:

Lunch following The Butterfly Place at:
Joe's American Bar and Grille (only 8mins away)
Pheasant Lane Mall
310 Daniel Webster Highway
Nashua, NH
http://www.joesamerican.com/

We will do a Yankee Swap as well. See above post for info on that.

I will PM the people who are coming tomorrow with this info, with my cell phone # as well. Please PM me or post on the thread with any final questions you may have!

See you Saturday!

BethieTink
06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but I won't be able to make this one either. Piffle. I really wanted to. Friends of ours just got engaged and are doing a little party at their house in the afternoon. Have fun everyone. Hopefully, I will get to one of these soon.

Bethie

grego77
06-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Enjoy your weekend Bethie. Hope to see you at the next meet! :mickey:

grego77
06-10-2008, 05:53 PM
A final PM was sent to the people attending the meet. These people are:

MinnieMommie (3)
Disneycouture (2)
smiles_rock
tinkerbellybutton (2-3)
AdventurelandTikiGirl (1)
grego77 (1)

We should have roughly 11 people! That is WONDERFUL! :D

Please call/PM me before Saturday with any final questions. :mickey:

Any last minute stragglers are also welcome. Just PM me!

Can't wait to see you all Saturday! Bring bright clothing and the butterflies will land on you, causing much happiness! Bring a Yankee Swap gift and I'll be even more jubilant! :party:

grego77
06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I got a deal with The Butterfly Place, so cost WILL be cheaper (around $6-7 each)...! YAY! :thumbsup:

2 more days! :party:

KAT1811
06-12-2008, 07:54 PM
I cannot believe I even have to type this. . . I have to back out of this meet. I am begining to think that there is some kind of conspiracy going on. When am I going to get to meet all of you?!

The girl that usually helps run our store (more like our fourth daughter) with my husband had a very bad rollerblading accident yesterday. She has a very bad concussion, fractured wrist, bandages, bumps and bruises everywhere. She is going to take some time to recover and will not be around for a bit so I will have to take her place during her recovery. Therefore I will not be able to come Saturday as that is our busiest day of the week. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing the butterflies, there is something so elegant and captivating about them.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time. I am so anxious to meet all of you. Finally a group of people that love Disney as much as I do and enjoy talking about the best places to eat, the best way to tour the parks, etc. I talk to you all on almost a daily basis here but have no idea what you are like outside of your avatars and posts.

Hope to meet you all soon, if fate allows.

-Kim

grego77
06-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear about that Kim :(...I hope the girl gets better soon.

Stay tuned for the next meet in late summer/early fall! :thumbsup:

We'll miss u!

~Greg :)

tinkerbellybutton
06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
:( I'm sorry you're not going to make it Kim. That stinks. Well, try to have a good weekend.

On a side note, if anyone else wants to send me info for what I'm making feel free. Even if I don't have everyones info I will still be making something for everyone. See you soon!

grego77
06-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow at 11:30 at The Butterfly Place!! :party:

Please contact me by cell if anything changes for anyone, or if any of you have any questions regarding directions or if you'll be late etc...:D

Remember to wear bright colors and bring the Yankee Swap gift! :thumbsup:

So excited!!!!! :number1:

grego77
06-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Thank you so much to everyone who attended the meet. I had SUCH a great time, and I hope you all did too! :D

I like the plan of going somewhere...then going out to lunch...so I think we will continue that trend for our next meet in AUGUST or OCTOBER. Look for another thread to be started mid-July. :party:

Thanks again to everyone! Can't wait to see you all again in a couple months! :mickey: :thumbsup:

Group picture:
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/clarkie_greg06/?action=view&current=IMG_3265.jpg

tinkerbellybutton
06-16-2008, 04:12 PM
We had a great time meeting all of you. I've been wiped out for two days but it was worth it ;) The picture came out great. We can't wait for the next one!

AdventurelandTikiGirl
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, Greg. I also had fun! I wasn't sure about the whole meet thing, but I'm glad MissStyles convinced me to go. Perhaps I'll go to the New York meet :secret:

The only drawback about hanging with Intercoters is it makes me wanna go to Disney----now! :rocks:

grego77
06-16-2008, 09:23 PM
You SHOULD go to the NYC meet! It seems like it's going to be another NE Meet in NYC! :D

It looks like I'm gonna be there, Ashley is going, Amy is going, Kathy is going...any more??? HAHA.
It was great meeting you...I'm really glad you came! I hope to see you soon! :thumbsup:

smiles_rock
06-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all your planning Greg, I had such a great time! Can't wait to do it again!

It sounds like everyone is going to the NYC meet, I may hop on the bandwagon if I can work it into my schedule. I just can't get enough Disney!!!!

DisneyCouture
06-16-2008, 10:51 PM
It was nice seeing everyone again and meeting some of you for the first time! My mom and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the picture Greg. Looking forward to the next meet.

MamaStyles
06-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi Greg,

Really enjoyed the pics from the meet, brought back many happy memories shopping for Miss Styles and Adventureland TikiGirl at that Disney store. Your butterfly pictures are awesome! Looking forward to seeing you @ WDW in Dec!:minnie::bar:

MissStyles
06-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful time...it was really hard convincing Molly to go but it worked!!!! :mickey: :rocks:

tinkerbellybutton
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I am very glad you talked Molly into going! She is very sweet and we look forward to seeing her and everyone else again. It also looks like one more (me) has jumped on the bandwagon for NYC. So see you guys soon!

grego77
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It's because of people like you that make me want to spend my time organizing these events. I love Disney, and I love TALKING and EXPRESSING my love for Disney just as much...and these meets allow me to do just that...as well as meet great people like all of you! :)

It also looks like one more (me) has jumped on the bandwagon for NYC. So see you guys soon!

Great! I can't wait to see most, if not all of you next month for the NYC meet/NE reunion! :party: