PDA

View Full Version : One 7 Month Prior Data Point

bicker
04-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I tried to make reservations at AKL at the 7 month point (for November 5-9), and not surprisingly no 2BRs were available. Same with BCV, BWV and VWL.

fanofdisney
04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I tried to make a reservation at the 7 month window too for AKV, BCV and BWV. We are now on the waitlist. Our dates are Oct 25-Nov 1 for a 2 bdrm villa. I guess with the F&W Festival it will be difficult to get. Right now we have reservations at SSR. We are really hoping to stay somewhere different this time since that is where we stayed on our last trip. I am telling myself to be content that we are at least able to go, it works most days:mickey: I hope you are able to get yours:)

bicker
04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
We currently have 3 nights at BWV, and the last night at VWL. Not a bad deal, since we'll almost surely do Epcot Saturday morning, and Magic Kingdom Saturday night. So the only bother is having to pack and unpack on Saturday... convenience-wise, we're actually better-off this way.

fanofdisney
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
That's a good idea to split it up. I've heard they move everything for you and it's not so bad. Maybe I should look into that. Once you do that do they take you off the waitlist?

wendy*darling
04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I am actually not all that surprised about that first weekend in November.
It's "Jersey Week" and Food and Wine, and Super Soap Weekend.
NJ is one of the states with the highest number of DVC members- and a huge number of us with school age kids head to WDW for Jersey Week! (I am not doing that this year tho- no more school age kids :party:)

I have switched resorts on a number of stays- and it's not that bad. We actually enjoy changing scenery.
And since it's just for your last night- I recommend this. When packing up from the first resort, pack all you need for the last night into one bag. You won't have to unpack and repack as much on that last day and you can devote more of your time to having fun.
When checking out of BWV, give all of your bags to Bell Services and they will transport them to VWL. Just take what you need for your day in the parks.
We usually plan breakfast at the 2nd resort that morning of the switch so we can do the paperwork side of checking in. Do not expect your room to be ready (although you may be surprised, it is more common to have to wait). Then head to the parks and have fun. Later in the afternoon you can call and check what your room number is and head back whenever you like.
Your bags should arrive at VWL Bell Services in the afternoon. Just give them a call (or stop by) when you return and they will bring your bags to your room. It's all really quite painless. :thumbsup:

fanofdisney
04-12-2008, 12:39 PM
How is it transfering food items?

wendy*darling
04-12-2008, 03:33 PM
They can do that too. Just keep the items that need to be kept cold packed separately and let Bell Services know they need to be refrigerated.
All of the WDW resorts have a refrigerated section in Bell Services.