PDA

View Full Version : vero beach

mickeytravel
04-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Has anyone ever been to Disney's Vero Beach Resort in FL. What do you think?

LoriR
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Go look at my review of the resort under "Disney Cruise Line" and the thread says "Just back from cruise and Vero" and you'll get an idea. We really liked it, but of course the weather is the same as WDW, so it would depend on the time of year. If you have any other questions after reading, just let me know!

mickeytravel
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
thanks so much, one more thing do you need to rent a car there?

Ed
04-12-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks so much, one more thing do you need to rent a car there?

If you're flying, you will definitely need a rental car or will have to arrange limo or taxi service (think mega-buck$ :eek:)to get to and from the resort; it's not served by Disney transportation, and it's almost a hundred miles from Orlando airport, and about the same distance from WDW.

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Well if you dont live on the beach already like I do its a great beach getaway! Otherwise I wasnt overly impressed. We spent Christmas there a few years back and there was story telling, tree decorating ... lots of Christmas stuff going on. But its not as "Disney" as I was expecting.. more beachy. Which I guess is the point. Still, I see that everyday so it wasnt much of a retreat. It would be neat few day beach add on to a WDW trip. I hear other ppl really enjoy it and from time to time my folks take a "couple" weekend there.