PDA

View Full Version : crystal palace or supercallafragilistic breakfast

mickeymom73
04-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Can't decide which of these breakfasts to do. DD will be turning 12 on vacation and loves pooh. Please help me choose

jans2kids
04-12-2008, 10:23 AM
We have done Crystal Palace twice for breakfast and the other one once. The Crystal Palace is much busier and noisier, but the character interaction at both was good and the food was also good at both. The Crystal Palce is more convienent if you are already visiting the MK that day.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
My kids love pooh and friends and love crystal palace. It will be a little nosy and busy but it is a great time for all.

mickey&missy
04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
If it were up to me, for a pooh lover I would pick the Crystal Palace.

While we've never been to the Crystal Palace for breakfast we have been there 3 times. twice for dinner, once for lunch.

DD and I did the supercalifaragalistic breakfast on her birthday this past trip. It was very nice. We got to see Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

The characters at the Crystal Palace are all Winnie the Pooh characters.

I would assume the the food at the Crystal Palace is almost all the same as the food at 1900 Park Fare. The buffets all seem to have the same menus.

Good luck, I hope your DD has a great birthday at WDW!

04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I would make an early adr at CP before park opening and that way you can get pictures in front of the castle with no one in the background.

Wrigley
04-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I would recommend CP. I have eaten at both, and I just prefer CP over the other. The character interaction is always wonderful and the food as well-big selection. It is also nice to have early reservations so that you can get into the park early and get some great photos. :thumbsup:

homeschool mom
04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
We haven't been to the other, but we love CP. I would highly recommend it, especially if your DD loves Pooh.

5fromabove
04-12-2008, 02:26 PM
CP breakfast is our "must do" on every trip! The food is great. We ususally are full until dinner time (or even 8pm) after eating at 9:30 am!! It's so pretty inside too! Highly recommend!! :cloud9:

Oh, and as far as your daughter turning 12...our 16 year old DD and 12 year old DS both insist on CP each trip (the only meal they say we HAVE to go to). Happy Birthday to your daughter.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Here's another vote for CP. I think the restaurant itself is lovely. It is a little loud, as others have said, but it's a really fun atmosphere. The food is good. It's neat to make an ADR for a time before the park opens. It's cool to walk down Main Street before the crowds are there.

:eat: Enjoy!

Charlee
04-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Another vote for the Crystal Palace - we've done both but there's something magical about being in the Magic Kingdom for breakfast - we thought the food selection was better and had lots of fun with the characters!

For our June trip I've made a 8.25 ADR so that we're in the park before everybody else which is a great experience - we love walking down Main Street and feeling like we're the only ones in the Magic Kingdom! :cloud9:

Nicki'sMom
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Crystal Palace is crowded and you have to wait FOREVER for the characters to circle around. We were finished eating for a half hour before we saw the first one. Food is decent but this happened to us two years in a row. My vote is you can never go wrong with the food at the Grand Floridian. I think Pooh is there, too.

04-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Crystal Palace is crowded and you have to wait FOREVER for the characters to circle around. We were finished eating for a half hour before we saw the first one. Food is decent but this happened to us two years in a row. My vote is you can never go wrong with the food at the Grand Floridian. I think Pooh is there, too.

I was surprised to read this. We've eaten at CP on every trip and never had a problem seeing the characters & getting pictures with all of them. This is one of our favorite places to eat. The food & service has always been great.

Duchess99
04-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I've never been to the CP breakfast, but if you have a big Pooh fan with you...that's the way to go!
I have been to the Super breakfast and it's a lot of fun. The Mad Hatter is great! :hatter:

bmj721
04-13-2008, 04:26 PM
We always go to the CP. It has been a tradition. But even though the food is heavenly and the atmosphere is incomparable the characters do take a long time to arrive which considering the size of the place is understandable. However, this Dec we're breaking with tradition and the morning before we return we will have a delightful Super breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Sometimes it is good to start new traditions.
:mickey:

katzctkpt
04-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Didn't care for the CP breakfast. The characters just rushed by. My youngest dd wanted to see piglet and he didn't even acknowledge our table. It upset her. The ones that did come by was very rushed and seemed to show up when we were at the buffet bar. I've never done the supercali breakfast but, I would definately try it. If it's anything like the dinner at the GF 1900 Park Fare I don't think you'll go wrong.

2Princesses4Us
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
we just LOVED Crystal Palace... twice now. My DD got to be in the parade and it was so cute.

Plus, I like staying in the park!

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
If your DD loves Pooh, than the Crystal Palace is the place to go. It is breathtaking! If you choose the other, Pooh can be found in his thoughtful spot at MK and at the Toy Soldier in the UK at EPCOT.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
We love the Crystal Palace, we have always had great character interaction. We like the food choices and it is good to. My choice is CP

Disneyatic
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM

I agree 100% with this. We did breakfast at CP and had to wait FOREVER to see the characters. We didn't even get to see Eeyore and Piglet and were told that we could go to the other side of the restaurant for a pic and autograph as we were leaving.
It was crowded, our food was cold by the time we got through the buffet lines and waited for pancakes.
The setting is great, but we didn't have the greatest experience.
We did breakfast at 1900 and loved it. We saw Pooh & Tigger (and maybe Piglet?) and also Mary Poppins, Alice & the Mad Hatter. We had time with each one for pics and play. We will definitely do this one again.
So, my vote goes to Super bkfast @ 1900 Park Fare.

SurferStitch
04-14-2008, 12:50 PM
DH and I love CP! We've had breakfast there 4 or 5 times now, and have always had fresh, delicious food and excellent character interaction. We've had no problem seeing all of the characters in a reasonable amount of time. Our servers were always so friendly. It's pretty easy to judge when a character will come to your table, so we have never missed any of them while in the buffet line.

We haven't been to 1900 PF in years, but are going back in May. We opted to skip CP for breakfast this time, but will definitely do breakfast there in October (we are doing our first dinner there before the P&PP instead - never had dinner there before). We just wanted to give 1900 a shot again. It was great the last time we went, so we are looking forward to it again.