PDA

View Full Version : Help with video clip

Here we go again...
04-12-2008, 08:40 AM
I need some help... No, not that kind of help...

When we were in Magic Kingdom Tuesday MsMin got a wonderful surprise on her birthday. The Thunderbirds did a Fly By over the castle... it was amazing! :plane: :cloud9:

Here is the problem... I turned my camera vertical so I could get a great view of the castle. Well, this (http://travel.webshots.com/video/3087777410072278366GZnRXR)is what I got. :bang:

I can not rotate the video clip... any suggestions?

Thanks to Jen for fixing my video!!
here (http://travel.webshots.com/video/3069190540072278366vOJCfa) is the new clip.

MsMin
04-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I suggest we go back and do it again :minnie:

Magic Smiles
04-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm just happy to see that I am not the only person to do that with a video camera :mickey:.

Unfortunately no suggestions.

Ian
04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry to tell you this, but that's "unfixable" ... video cannot be rotated (at least not by any means that I'm aware of) like pictures can.

You could try, I suppose, to check some of the video editing software that's out there and see if any of them do it.

MsMin
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I talked to Rhett and he suggested the same thing I thought... turn your monitor sideways :fresh:
Seriously he says the video editing software should be able to fix it.
I will get in touch w/ "apple girl" she is at work today. They will know what to do. I'm sending her the link but I know they are remodeling the office today so the computers are off...

DizneyRox
04-12-2008, 01:43 PM
You can fix it, just rotate the video in your timeline. The problem you're going to have is, it's probably 720x480 and you're going to rotate it to 480x720, and then probably want to stretch it out to make it fit, which will cause problems which you tried to fix by rotating it in the first place.

The quality of the image is probably going to be unwatchable, there's some nasty camera shake when you went vertical...

In the future, don't do this again... :D

SgtTigger
04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I need some help... No, not that kind of help...

Yes you do need that kind of HELP too......:thedolls:

Here is the problem... I turned my camera vertical so I could get a great view of the castle. Well, this (http://travel.webshots.com/video/3087777410072278366GZnRXR)is what I got. :bang:

I can not rotate the video clip... any suggestions?

Yes do not take the video that way and everything will be ok.......:D

:cop: :tigger:

conorsmom2000
04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Angel, if you email the file to me, I think I can fix it for you - I have Adobe Premier Elements and one of the reasons I got it was to be able to rotate videos. I had taken a few videos of Conor playing the violin and didn't realize that I had turned the camera. I've only played with it a little bit, but I did fix one of the videos and I believe it looked fine, not really stretched out. So, if you send it to me, I can give it try - it just might take me a day or two to do it! :blush:

Here we go again...
04-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Angel, if you email the file to me, I think I can fix it for you - I have Adobe Premier Elements and one of the reasons I got it was to be able to rotate videos. I had taken a few videos of Conor playing the violin and didn't realize that I had turned the camera. I've only played with it a little bit, but I did fix one of the videos and I believe it looked fine, not really stretched out. So, if you send it to me, I can give it try - it just might take me a day or two to do it! :blush:

I sent you the email. Thank you!!

conorsmom2000
04-13-2008, 02:29 PM
I sent you the email. Thank you!!

All fixed - I sent you 2 emails back (one might be too large a file to go through). Let me know if you don't get either, or have any problems with them! :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
All fixed - I sent you 2 emails back (one might be too large a file to go through). Let me know if you don't get either, or have any problems with them! :thumbsup:

Thank you soooo much!
Here (http://travel.webshots.com/video/3069190540072278366vOJCfa) is the new video. :cloud9:

Nascfan
04-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Angel, that is just so cool! And thanks to Jen for fixing it for all of us to enjoy. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Awesome video Angel! Thanks Jen for fixing it!

Magic Smiles
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I think I can fix it for you - I have Adobe Premier Elements and one of the reasons I got it was to be able to rotate videos.

I have Adobe Premier Elements 3 and 4 also. I actually also own Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate and SONY Vegas Movie Studio. So this means that I should be able to fix my sideways video. That is great news. Now if I could only find the time to learn how to use all of this software. I have 14 hours of video to edit from our Dec 07 trip.

conorsmom2000
04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
I have Adobe Premier Elements 3 and 4 also. I actually also own Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate and SONY Vegas Movie Studio. So this means that I should be able to fix my sideways video. That is great news.
Yep, I have Premier Elements 4.0 - the negative is that there is quite a learning curve. I have to google how to rotate the video everytime I need to do it. I would love to find a class somewhere that would really teach me how to use this software because I know it's really great - I just don't have the time to play. I was able to help a friend last night and take 13 video clips of her son did for a project and turn them into a movie but it took much longer than it should have - it took me a half hour just to figure out how to make titles so they weren't superimposed over the video! :blush:

Angel, you are very welcome! It was my pleasure - it's a great clip!!