PDA

View Full Version : Costume Prices and Sizes

taymaesmom
04-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Dd has an appointment for BBB during our May trip. She can't decide what she wants to wear. On our last trip she wore a really cute blue Cinderella dress, it wasn't a costume more of a summer dress in shimmery blue velvet with a cinderella charm at the waist. Really it was about perfect. This trip she wants something more dressy however she is growing up and at 9 wears between a 10/12 and a 14/16. She is thinking she may possible want an actual costume this trip but I am afraid that they wont fit her. It seems like I remember that the biggest sizes were a 10/12. So I was wondering if anyone saw any girls costume in larger sizes or if you think the 10/12 there runs large. Since she can't really decide I am not rushing out to get anything until she does but just curious about costs of the costumes at Disney too.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-12-2008, 12:24 AM
The princess costumes run from xxs to xl.

an xxs is = to a 2/3
xs = 4/5
beyond that... I am not sure of the equivalency... someone will come along with an answer for that I am sure... but I think it is:
s = 6/7
m = 8/9
l = 10/12
xl = 14

All the princess dresses are currently $64.95 before tax, regardless of style or size. They used to be about $5 cheaper.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-12-2008, 01:22 AM
FlaTink is pretty close.

XXS = 2-3
XS = 4-5
S = 6-6X
M = 7-8
L = 9-10
XL = 12-14

The cost of the dresses are $64.95 for Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel's Wedding Dress. I believe Snow White is the same. Tink is most likely the same.

If they have Mulan, Pocahontas or the Ariel Mermaid outfits, they might be between $60-$65, but since the Emporium doesn't carry them, I don't know the prices.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Our DD is almost 10, and has outgrown the princess dresses, but still LOVES the princesses.

I wish they made the dresses in larger sizes, but I suppose that they don't want adults walking around in the costumes?

Anyways, we bought the most amazing Princess Aurora dress off eBay for about $45.00, in a size that fits her, so we're just going to take it with us for her to wear at Disney.

I know that it isn't the "official" dress, but you can't really tell, DD loves it, and it is the only way she's going to get to wear a Princess dress at Disney.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Our DD is almost 10, and has outgrown the princess dresses, but still LOVES the princesses.

I wish they made the dresses in larger sizes, but I suppose that they don't want adults walking around in the costumes?

Anyways, we bought the most amazing Princess Aurora dress off eBay for about $45.00, in a size that fits her, so we're just going to take it with us for her to wear at Disney.

I know that it isn't the "official" dress, but you can't really tell, DD loves it, and it is the only way she's going to get to wear a Princess dress at Disney.

Our DD(10) is facing that as well. She loves the princesses and would still dress like Cinderella if she could but the sizes are now too small.

We bought her last one at the Disney Store online and it was more than 60% off. I just can't see paying that much for costumes, even though they are beautiful, that they will grow out of so quickly.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-14-2008, 12:50 AM
And that's when you learn how to sew or have them learn to sew!

Then it becomes a great hobby and loads of fun! Trust me, I'm 23 and still making costumes to wear. Eventually, I'll finish my Aurora Blue dress and get a wig for MNSSHP...eventually...

Taja
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM

I love the "customs" that many people make. I actually prefer the ones that have the "flavour" of the princesses, rather than precise costume copies. They look so much more comfortable in the parks--but the costumes (official Disney or custom made) are lovely at the parties or princess meals. :)