PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic Sprites

elmjimmlm
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
We just finished watching Samatha Browns Disney Favorites and it showed the Spectomagic parade...Have they changed the Sprites at the beginning of the parade?...Their faces didnt look like they were lit up but their hair was...They always kind of were strange to look at, but they are a part of the parade IMO...:confused:
Also it showed the living statue and Miss DeVine...Where are they and at what times have they been seen...Thanks

PhilHarHarMagic
04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
The Spectro Sprites have changed - no more full face mask. It does seem strange not to have them that way, but it isn't bad.

sainter
04-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I said to my DH, the heads are wrong! :)
The living statues are no longer performing but they had been in World Showcase. DeVine is in AK. There is a schedule I believe but I don't know what it is.

Mickey91
04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
As if the Spectromen could get any creepier! They no longer where a mask and I have to say they are creepier now than before! I still don't get what they have to do with Disney!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I love them now! They were so weird looking before, not to mention, very outdated. I think now it gives them more expression, more humanity to them.

just2mickey
04-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Not really sure how I feel about those things. They always puzzled me too as to how they tie in to Disney. I mean, I am not really crazy about them yet.....I can't look away. They have become part of my memories at the MK and I wouldn't want them done away with because they are part of the show.

homeschool mom
04-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I love the sprites! I think they are there to announce the parade. Kind of like the fanfare announcing a king.

katzctkpt
04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I saw the S. Brown show and the Sprites I don't like their new makeover. Bring back the old faces. The new ones just look out of place.

Hull-onian
04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
What's a sprite?:confused:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-12-2008, 08:26 PM
What's a sprite?:confused:

the kinda trumpeteer guys at the beginning of Spectro

Disneyatic
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
We noticed in September that they didn't wear the head things anymore.
I watched the show and commented to DH about their hair lighting up now. I think that's pretty cool The head things were kinda freaky, but I like the light up hair!

letsdoitagain
04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I say get rid of spectromagic all together and bring back the good old electrical parade updated with newer technology! Get rid of those dumb sprites and Disnify the heck out it.

Bring in as many characters as possible. They reall cut back on the number of Disney characters in spectromagic vs the electrical parade.

The electrical parade music was better too, not lame like the spectromagic music. It really used to get you excited!

Taja
04-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I say get rid of spectromagic all together and bring back the good old electrical parade updated with newer technology! Get rid of those dumb sprites and Disnify the heck out it.

Bring in as many characters as possible. They reall cut back on the number of Disney characters in spectromagic vs the electrical parade.

The electrical parade music was better too, not lame like the spectromagic music. It really used to get you excited!

The Main Street Electrical Parade is still my favourit Disney parade! *LOL*

homeschool mom
04-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I didn't see the Samantha Brown segment so I looked and found this on youtube. It is the sprites without their masks. They look kind of creepy to me, and it looks like one of them is thumbing his nose at the photographer! I like them a lot better with the masks. Wish they would bring them back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W62VgrzqCp0&feature=related

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I like FantIllusion the best.

They have this series of floats for each villian and they villan is usualy on it. So for Maleficent, her float will stop for a minute and she will transform into the dragon. It's pretty amazing.

Plus the music is so much better.

And for all you Tink fans, she's the Grand Marshall and walks before the parade starts.

illini
04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
My DD9 still complains to me a couple times a week that they changed the "Spectromen." I loved how they looked before-- kind of mysterious and ethereal. Now, they're just weird. My whole family misses them; they were my personal favorite part of the parade!

senderella
04-15-2008, 12:36 PM
The sprites are kinda creepy....however Spectromagic is still my favorite parade. I don't feel like I have been to MK unless I see the parade at least once during my visit.

phillydan
04-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I noticed that in the Samanta Brown show also. I didn't realize it was a full-time change. When we were there in August, we caught the first showing of the parade and they had the full masks. We were still in the park for the second showing of the parade and we saw the new costume. I thought it was just for the second show. I like the full mask.