PDA

View Full Version : what should I do next?

calif desert family
04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Hello everybody!!! This only my 2nd message I have left on this site, but I've been reading all of your wonderful info for weeks. This is our 1st time to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. We have picked a resort (POP)
2. We are going there the end of January 2009 after MLK to beat the crowds as you all have told us. We are going for 10 days.
3. Were using the magic your way package. The park tickets, dining package, hopper pass.
What do you all think we should do next?

g8rgirl29
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Call for your advance dining reservations 180 days from your check in date so you can get what you really want.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Welcome aboard! Ask all the questions you want! It's fun doing the planning. You might want to spend some time checking out the menus and photos from the restaurants under Info Central to help you get an idea about what appeals to your family. Check your ideas out under Dining, and you'll be ready when it's time to call for ADR's. Give some thought to which parks you think you'll visit on which days, to make dining a little easier to plan.:wave:

eeyoremom
04-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!!! If you want suggestions from everyone here, it might be good to know who is going. How many adults, how many kids and what ages. You'll get lots of people suggesting what you should do based on those ages. Of course, different ideas from different people. You're going my favorite time of year. Maybe we'll see you there. Happy planning.

azdisneymom
04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
:welcome: Definitely make your ADRs. One benefit for resort guests is you get an additional 10 day lead to make them. That means you can call 190 days out. Before we call we usually plan special meals first - b-days, anniv.. Then we decide on general times for each meal - lunch at Sci Fi around 11:30, etc.. That way when we call we have a general idea of when and where were are eating.

Do you have any guide books? They are packed with info. Enjoy !!

bicker
04-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Just a clarification. I believe Disney resort guests can make dining reservations 180 days prior to their check-in date, for up to 10 days. That's not quite the same as 190 days prior.

calif desert family
04-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Thank you for all your wonderful information!! My childrens ages when we will be there are 10 year old girl & 8 year old boy.:mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Well, I do hope you have actually booked your package! If not, that is number 1!! After that, I would look into all the restaurants, and hop on over to the Dining forum to read some reviews or questions people have asked. There, you can already have an idea of where you want to eat WAY before your 180 days!

Also, I believe they will announce park hours around July 1 for January, so then you can REALLY finalize your ADRs around EMH (if you choose to do them) or maybe later evenings. Since you are going late in the month, that gives you time to really plan. Then, at 180 days out from your first day, call as early as possible to get what you'd like!

Other than that, there's not much you CAN do next, except create some strategies for the parks. Planning books like the Unofficial Guide and the Passporter are great!

Now, just sit back, and ask any question you can think of! Some of us are even here in the middle of the night (like me!)

Have a great time planning! Its one of my favorite things to do!

BMan62
04-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Depending upon who you booked you trip through, you may want to keep your eyes open for periodic 'offers' that come out. In the past couple years, the January/February "Value" season had offers for free ticket upgrades - from base to hopper + water park fun & more.

Other than that, you will get all kinds of good information on this site.

BTW - Welcome to Intercot!!!:number1:

azdisneymom
04-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Just a clarification. I believe Disney resort guests can make dining reservations 180 days prior to their check-in date, for up to 10 days. That's not quite the same as 190 days prior.

Now see that is where I am confused. I just made my ADRs last weekend and the Disney Dining CM was the one who mentioned 190 days to me. I was surprised because I hadn't heard that before. Given your explanation if I have a 15 day stay and I called at exactly 180 days I could only make my ADRS for the first 10 days of my stay? I certainly apologize for any misinformation. :blush: I am so glad I can count of Intercot. You are the best. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Given your explanation if I have a 15 day stay and I called at exactly 180 days I could only make my ADRS for the first 10 days of my stay? I That is correct. We also will be staying for 15 days, and we made our ADRs for the first ten at 180 days out. After that, I needed to wait until exactly 180 days before the next ADR could be made on Day 11 of our stay. I needed to call each day thereafter to book each subsequent day.