PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Carry-ons?

epgasser
04-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Hello. My family is traveling to WDW in Sept. We will arrive at Pop Century around noon. What do we do with our carry-on luggage if we can't check into are room until several hours later. We would like to head off to MK once we arrive but not unless we have a place to put our carry-ons. Thanks for the help!

biodtl
04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
They are used to this and will hold your bags for you.

TammiMcMan
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Bell services at any of the resorts will gladly tag your luggage/carry on's and hold it for you. I would advise that you keep anything you might need prior to 5pm with you though (ie baby needs, prescription medication, etc.). While it isn't impossible for them to retrieve something in the luggage holding area, it is a bit difficult.

thrillme
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
My experience Bell Services usually holds if for you...BUT...sometimes IF a room is ready. They'll let you go ahead and check in.

JerseyDad
04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
.....while it is correct that they will hold your baggage for you.......if you say, "pretty please"....they will, more often than not, try to get you to a room early. :secret:

I know that the check-in time is officially 3pm....but we have always gotten to POP at around noon (once at 11:30am)...and a room was always available. And, unless you have a specially requested room location you shouldn't have an issue (we did once...and were told we had to wait till 3pm...and then they got us in to our requested room at 1pm!!).

....so before you plan to drop the bags...see what the concierge desk can do for you. The people at POP have always been very accomodating for us. :)

azdisneymom
04-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes, the bell desk will hold your bags before you check in and after you check out. Just make sure you have locks on everything. Never had anything taken but on one trip you could tell our carry on had been gone through. Luckily we knew the lock was broken and simply carried any valuables with us to the parks.

Brainiak5
04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
This is one of the big reasons why we love staying on property. The front desk has always been very accomodating in getting the bags into the room while we get started at the parks. As others have mentioned, just make sure you keep anything you might need with you - WDW was giving away these great beach bags a few years ago with a purchase so we use that. If you have young ones, youll have this stuff with you on the plane anyway. We keep a spare t shirt and shorts for the kids and if its summer we have the swimsuits in there too. Its a great time saver feature and allows you to get to the parks really quick.

Something that we've had happen quite a few times an unexpected upgrade- imagine getting an apology because youre get moved to a deluxe room- gotta love Disney hospitality.

The front desk explained they were over booked so the folks arriving are offered the upgrade and moved into areas they know would be open to avoid getting folks upset that check in later. I don't know if theres a science to it, but I do know its happened to us more often at early check in. You just have to be willing to switch and take a ride to your new location. :mickey: