PDA

View Full Version : As the Disney World Turns... Day 2 on property- shopping expedition

MsMin
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
April 5, 2008

Things start off great we get up relatively early shower, pack and wait for breakfast and wait and wait and wait until Angel calls and they respond “so you are the room who didn’t put the room number on the order???” They promise to send it up ASAP which of course is not the :wait:waiting anxiously to get to WDW ASAP. We get breakfast near 11 and of course things were not correct. We had a surprise visitor. I would add a pic here but I’m waiting for Bret’s okay to release the photos :photo: Eventually we head out with our luggage and start on our adventure to find the resort 2 doors away. Angel did try to convince the bellman to walk the luggage over to the Hilton but was not successful. We are on a roll now.. our room is ready and we are going to drop off the luggage and head to the outlet mall…. Dun dun dunnnnnnnn…… how foolish to think things could be that simple. We get the keys head up to our room which we were told was a great room, just remodeled and had a view of DDT… great we were excited and head upstairs and WHAT!!!! Someone’s suitcases were already in the room so it was find the bellman who might not realize it’s a mistake and donate our belongings to the occupied room and then head back downstairs.
We manage to get out and to the outlet mall by 1pm ---- great morning… but all was forgotten after saving so much money at the Character Premiere. We spent over $300 there where Angel spent more than anyone but we won’t tell Bobby :spend: We picked up many treasures at such good prices like loads of Christmas ornaments at 75% off, glasses, posters, frames and framed items and lots more. After such a delightful shopping episode we head out to the Wilderness Lodge, second home of SgtTigger & Mrs. SgtTigger and have a wonderful lunch at Roaring Forks and shop and visit as I had never been to the WL. The heavens opened while there and between downpours we hopped on a boat to MK for a quick spin and tour around the lake. We had a great time on the boat as we had one to ourselves. We imagined what it would have been like if Bret had been there and could just picture him joining us on board.
After many photos of the breathtaking view a rainbow appeared as the storm broke just adding to the magic of Disney…
We head back to the Hilton where we met Terrie TEAY from Intercot and resident AK expert who had been battling the weather at work all day at AK. We all met at the executive tower at the Hilton for a quick (free)bite and drinks(not free) and Jeanne (Piglet822) called to catch up though couldn’t (wouldn’t) join us. After the delightful company and drinks we called it an evening and prepared for our night time shopping adventure at DDT. Jeanne calls when we are shopping and NOW wants to visit and calls to verify that we are at the ASMusic but we are at DTD so once again she avoids us. :fresh: Nearing closing time and feeling very successful with our shopping venture we prepare to leave again weighted down with bags of goodies for friends and family and as we head to the door of the WOD the skies open again. Being the kind person I am ;)(I am the nice one) I volunteered to run into the rain (not too fast b/c crocs are slippery) and bring the car back for dry Angel and dry Sherrie. They showed no appreciation that I volunteered to get the car so I tried to run Sherrie down so they would appreciate me a little more after all Angel says you have to be the big guy when you drive her SUV. I then graciously drop them off at the door at the Hilton under the DRY covered area while I faced the brutal weather with rain drenching me as I ran back to the resort with only a doggie place mat to protect me :rain:.
We head back to the room near 11 and Sherrie falls asleep after chatting with Bret, Angel soaks in the tub and sulks because she doesn’t have her bath bombs while I am at work on the trip report to all of you! A very relaxing day (not really) I think we jumped from one activity to another keeping busy and having fun laughing the entire time; but, if they believe it was calm and relaxing…what else matters??? We now have roughly 10 huge shopping bags of WDW treasures and we haven’t even made it to the first park…. If only Bobby could see the blue cast shining from all the Disney bags now strewn across the floor…
Tomorrow… our first day in the park… the plan-- AK in the morning then switching to DHS in the afternoon. We plan to meet the elusive Jeanne and possibly Jim at sometime and maybe Terrie again, let’s hope so because she has Angel’s phone b/c somebody forgot to pack their charger :jaw: I guess I shouldn’t tease her though because I forgot to bring my debit card :eyes: I least I got to charge it all on the Disney Visa so I will have more points for next trip…

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
What an interesting day y'all had there!! I can't believe you were sent to a room with someone else's bags in there!! :shake:
I'm glad you all had a good time at the Character Premiere!I want to go there when I go in October!

Despite the rain sounds like everything was good! I hope that you met up with Jeanne!! LOL I love Jeanne!

Isn't WL fantastic!! I'm so glad you got to go there!!

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to read more!!

Piglet822
04-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I wasn't trying to be elusive - y'all were at places I can't bring my bus :(

pogo
04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow, you were busy. My feet hurt just reading this. :blush:

I think you are a great friend getting wet to save Angel and Sherrie ! Give yourself a pat on the back ! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see the photo's ! :D

pdrlkr
04-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
04-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for sharing! I have been waiting for the reports from you guys :) sounds like it was a blast!

DizNee143
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
wow what a day!!!
sounds like you all had a ton of fun..
and wow..you all really love shopping!!! :mickey:

MsMin
04-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I wasn't trying to be elusive - y'all were at places I can't bring my bus :(

I saw lots of :bus: at DTD :fresh:

Angel has most of the pics from this day. I hope she will be posting soon. She is still getting clearance...

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you guys going to need to rent a U-Haul for the return trip home?! What a blast with all that shopping. Too bad the morning didn't start out a little better, but it sounds like you gals had an overall great day together! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 12:42 AM
All the shopping sounds great. I hope there are pics coming. I love to see the pics. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like you all had a great time:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Even with the rain, all that Disney shopping sounded like fun. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

faline
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow! What a busy day! After all that shopping, were you all able to fit back into the car for the trip home?

cal5755
04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I am exhausted just thinking of all that shopping...... what a day!!