PDA

View Full Version : Please rate & review the Garden Grill

Jeff G
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the Garden Grill thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are (I'm inculding the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Boma - 3.54
Le Cellier - 3.40
Chef Mickey's - 3.23
Biergarten - 3.11
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
Coral Reef - 2.75
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-11-2008, 11:16 AM
We tried the garden Grill last year for the first time. I would only give it an "average" rating. The food just didn't do it for me -pretty bland. The characters were hard to interact with (cramped quarters) due to limited dining area. The best part was the rotation of the restaurant. This was definitely a "been there, done that" experience.

pogo
04-11-2008, 11:33 AM
We really enjoyed the food and we thought the characters were a pain in the butt ! It was just my DW and I and we are :old: so what can I say ! :D

moe513
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Food and tables size was very bad. Characters were okay. The best part was the rotating part,we enjoyed being able to look into the land ride.

BostonChic
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
We ate here and had a wonderful time.The character interraction was great:thumbsup:They really made the kids ages:13&3 laugh :) The food wasn't great,but not terrible either.I thought the fact that you actually move would be weird,but you don't notice until you look around and everything's different ;)

Hayden's Dad
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
We love it here and it is now one of our musts when we go. The food was good, characters were great, and our waiter Patrick was awesome!

KylesMom
04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
It just goes to show you the different experiences we can all have at the same restaurant! We really love this eatery and have had nothing but the best in service, food and character interaction since first trying Garden Grill several years ago.:mickey:

beksy
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
We kind of stumbled across this place when all the other restaurants we tried to get ADRs at were full but it was way beyond our expectations. The food, service, and character interaction was fabulous (best interaction we had with them all coming aroung at least 3 times and Dale coming more than that!) Our server was very prompt and even took pics for us with the characters. The revolving floor was a nice bonus! Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Jeff G
04-11-2008, 01:40 PM
It just goes to show you the different experiences we can all have at the same restaurant!

In part that is what prompted me to do the polls. We all have different experiences at the restaurants. Two years ago we were in a rut eating at the same 4-5 restauraunts each trip and never trying new places. Last year we tried Kona & Biergarten, loving both, and realized we had to branch out. I'm hoping to use the votes & comments here to help me make future dining decisions.

Mackflava99
04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
We had a great time- with the charaters and the rotation we had a ball- we have done it 3 times and each time was very, very good-
Access to chararters was excellent- ad the waiters did a good time balancing the food and the interaction which is important.

P.s. the Garden Grove is actually even better- but different experience

Kenny1113
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I gave an average rating, but then I think most resturants in WDW are average ( for the $$$). At first we were very dissapointed as characters only spent 15 sec at table and one character that we had already seen just walked by...but then more characters came around and 15 sec characters returned and the kids got more interaction. Food tasted pretty fresh, not much selection though. Loved rotating idea and that it is over the ride!!!! Love the table set up- makes you feel like you have individual attention.

Quick funny- While at Garden Grill for lunch , my friend and I with 4 kids ( ages 3 and 6) at our table with small two top next to it. Hostess went to sit two older ladies at that table we hear in a grumpy voice " Oh no, not next to the kids." :jaw: Your at Disney World and Character dining what do you expect? I couldn't help but laugh.

GrmGrninGost
04-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Great place! The atmosphere is really cool, especially the part where you can see the boat ride! The characters are always wonderful! As far as the food, the catfish is to die for! The rest of the food is not bad either! :mickey:

DawsonAR
04-11-2008, 07:06 PM
We love it here. This is a MUST do each trip for us.

RocknRoller94
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Excellent!!!! The catfish is very good, as well as all the other food! However, the best part is that the restaurant rotates, proving different views into "Living with the Land". A don't miss!:eat:

Mickey91
04-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Excellent!! My only complaint is that they need to go back to the smashed potatoes instead of the casserole.

AdventurerKim
04-12-2008, 09:26 AM
We have eaten here twice in a few years and were underwhlemed both times. Service was not so great both times and the food wasn't anything special. We preferred The Liberty Tree for this type of character dining with family style meals.

ElenitaB
04-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Garden Grill is one of our "don't miss" restaurants for every trip. It's where we prefer to get facetime with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale! :mickey: We like it because of the great character interaction, the small venue (which seems even smaller because you don't see the large majority of your fellow diners because of the restaurant layout), the food (we also love the catfish), and last but not least, the view of Living with the Land below.

mac badger
04-12-2008, 01:16 PM
i really really liked the garden grill. i thought the food was excellent, it all tasted so fresh. i especially enjoyed the flank steak, and the catfish, and the vegetables. so basically everything. i found it very relaxing to rotate past the boat ride scenes, and the character interaction was also good (but not the best)

Brainiak5
04-12-2008, 03:32 PM
We're trying this one for the first time this year on our arrival date. The rotating part seems to be very cool and im looking forward to it.:mickey:

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I voted very good. When my DD17 was younger we would do her birthday breakfast here most frequently because it seemed like we always got the most character time here. Plus we loved the family style breakfast. That being said we werent as impressed with the lunch menu as the breakfast. Its been a few years since we've eaten here

Crow
04-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I had been meaning to try it & did my last trip in Feb. used DDE for 20% off lunch. all u care to eat. most of the stuff was pretty good,some of the food is grown in the Land pavilion. there wasnt anything that was bad.
the character came around but didnt bother if you didnt want it. the place rotated about once an hr.
Id eat there again.