PDA

View Full Version : Rate & Review 'Ohanas - Diner

Jeff G
04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried 'Ohana for diner thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows. (I'm inculding the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Boma - 3.54
Le Cellier - 3.40
Chef Mickey's - 3.23
Biergarten - 3.11
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
Coral Reef - 2.75
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
My vote is based on last year's dining experience. :eat: I will let you know what my vote is after trying the changes this September. I am pretty sad about the wontons and the peanut sauce being removed. But...I still have bread pudding. :yay:

Minnie4me
04-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I LOVE 'Ohanas, but have not been there since the menu change.

I have 2 ADR's for next month so I will be trying out the new stuff.

Based on my past experiences, it's a "Not To Be Missed" dinner.

:thumbsup:

joonyer
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Not only excellent food, and lots of it, but also a great family experience. Lot's of atmosphere and FUN! We make sure we go there every visit. :thumbsup:

faberj
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Ohana's is my DH's favorite place to eat. He would eat there every night if I would let him. We will be going twice on our next trip in December.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I voted Exellent!

I love Ohanas. It is a must do on every trip. I love the theming. The food is always hot and fresh and absolutely delicious. I also love the view. We make our reservations for around the time when Wishes is going on so we can watch them from the restaurant.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
One of our families all time favorites!!!

KylesMom
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I would agree that Ohana is a must-do each visit. For awhile there, service was pretty bad over the course of three visits & we contemplated not returning. However, we decided to give it another shot, and are glad we did. It's back on our ADR list this year! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I love Ohana'! :mickey:

Lucyrella
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
I found Ohana's to be average at best. I had heard all the rave on this board last year and managed to get an ADR for 4:30pm dinner. The food was at best average, the highlight was the bread pudding. We walked the grounds afterwards and that was fun, and took some great pictures, but this is not a must do for us. Maybe if we had gone at a true dinner hour maybe it would have been more fun, but I can definitely take it or leave it, and we will leave it for our upcoming trip.

Mickey91
04-12-2008, 12:47 AM
It has been a while since we ate at O'hana's but we loved it!!

AdventurerKim
04-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Great food and total fun atmostphere! I love watching the kids using the hoola hoops because it's hilarious! That pinapple bread pudding is delicious as is everything they serve! Love the salad too! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
04-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, I thought I'd be the lone dissenting opinion on O'hana's, but Lucyrella beat me to the punch!

For years, I've been reading the rave reviews of O'hana's on these boards. I'm glad so many people find it an enjoyable experience, but we've had nothing but bad luck there.

The first time we went to O'hana's, they still had the "old menu." Let's just put it this way, the service was so incredibly poor, that after emailing guest services, we were refunded a large percentage of our check! (Significant as it was a party of 12 people.)

I chalked it up and we gave it another try last summer.

The food (even with the revised menu) is average at best. On our subsequent second and third visits, the service we had was incredibly poor. Very below Disney standards.

Now I fully realize that we have been unlucky with our CM's at O'hana's, but we don't even like the food too much.

Overall, I'm happy that so many people here on Intercot find the place enjoyable. It's not for us. We won't be returning. I'd much rather head to EPCOT or the Boardwalk area for dinner. The food options in WDW are vast, and thankfully, there are restaurants suited to everyone's likes! :mickey:

DawsonAR
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Some of the best food at Walt Disney World. Wonderful!

RocknRoller94
04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-13-2008, 12:45 AM
I voted Poor. Yes I know that I am the exception. Not only did I not like most of the food, exception being the salad and potatoes, I found the service was too rushed and the place was way too noisy. The CM was trying to pile food on my plate and I had hardly begun my salad. It continued like that throughout the whole meal. I never did get a chance to try most of the items as we felt rushed. After hearing how wonderful the bread pudding was, we decided to give it a try. Well DS asked for plain ice cream. DH and I pretty much had nothing - bread pudding was definitely not for us.
That woman drove us crazy with her singing, noise and dancing around.
We did however have a wonderful view of the castle and wishes. As we were there in Dec it was wonderful to watch. None of my family have any desire to ever go back there. Even the blue glowtini's that I had were better at the Prime Time Cafe.
For the price that we had to pay, I certainly won't be trying it again. Actually wouldn't try it again even if it was free.

joonyer
04-15-2008, 12:15 AM
It should be noted by those reading these reviews who have never been to 'Ohana (by the way, there is no "s" on the end and the apostrophe is before the O) that it is a really "family friendly" restaurant. In fact 'Ohana means "family". It is noisy, with games and coconut races going around the dining room for the kids, live hawaiian music and hearty, all you can eat food. And it has an open kitchen with a huge fiery grill right in the middle of the dining room. In short, it's Lots of FUN, with a capital F and that stands for Food!

But if you're looking for "fine dining" in a quiet or elegant atmosphere, 'Ohana is not the place to eat. You'll enjoy Artist Point or California Grill more.

RAIDER
04-15-2008, 04:06 AM
An Excellent from me .... I was fortunate to have a window seat in the evening and watched the fireworks from MK that in hand with my Lapu Lapu
i was KING OF THE WORLD ,...:)

ps the food and service were excellent :D

illini
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
We've had excellent service and fantastic food. Now I admit, the meat skewers are icky to me, but I don't like meat. I can eat my weight in the potatoes, though. And the salad. And the wings. Oh my.

Our favorite TS thus far in WDW. Actually, the only one that we'll repeat based on food (others we repeat for characters).

Jared
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
'Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants in Disney, and we try to eat there every trip. I haven't seen the new menu yet, so I suppose that could change my opinion, but we have a reservation there in May.

:tasty:

SurferStitch
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I rated 'Ohana as excellent.

We've had excellent service and food the couple times we've eaten there (just started eating there a couple years ago).

I love the fact that they actually fully cook their meats. What a concept! I hate rare or medium cooked meats, and they cook everything the way I love it....fully cooked, and still tender and juicy! :thumbsup: I will truly miss the potatoes in May, but I'm up for something new.

We've had wonderful window tables both times we dined there, and got to stare at that gorgeous Christmas Cinderella castle during our last meal. It was stunning! The fireworks were a real bonus!

ThanxForNoticin
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
'OHana is a 'must do' for us. I'm a bit concerned about another change of menu, but I'll wait to check out the new food and trust they are doing it for the better. It's an amazing place to enjoy dinner with a larger group, too. We've had a couple big family dinners there, and it's terrific - plenty of room, plenty of food variety for everyone, and a great time.

King Triton
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I think 'Ohana has become our #1 must-do. Maybe we've been lucky, but the service is excellent and I've found the food to be as good as any I've had on property.

I do agree with a poster or two that the entertainment can be a little annoying, especially if you're seated near the center of the restaurant. I love the kids doing the coconut races, but the entertainer is on the loud side and goes on longer than she should. It can be difficult to carry on a conversation. That, for me, is the only drawback...its a great place to eat!

coachgoofy
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
on our last trip, we did Ohana's twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast. we had a much better experiance at breakfast. the best breakfast food we had at WDW. Dinner was a different story, the service and activies were great, but the meat was slow and not cooked well. They offered peel and eat shrimp, however it was cooked in some type of BBQ sauce, good sauce, but not on shrimp that had to be peeled.

DANAM
04-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Not to get off subject but can you request a window seat? I keep hearing everyone talk about the view. Did you just happen to get put there or should I request it with my ADR? :mickey:
We love 'Ohana but this will be our first time for dinner. We have only been for breakfast and this is our one not to miss place in Disney. I have to agree with the other poster this is really a FAMILY type place. Not at all suitable for a romantic or quiet dinner. :simba:

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 11:28 AM
My Dh and I ate there for the first time recently and Ohana's and the food was wonderful. It was fresh and hot. The bread pudding was to die for...a melt in your mouth kinda thing!
The only thing I would complain about is our waiter....he was dull, didn't smile much, but he did attend to us..filling our drinks and asking if we needed anything... so we didn't let him ruin the moment.
Other tables had waiters that were laughing, smiling and joking around with people.
A guy was celebrating his 21st birthday while we were there and they were giving him a hard time, goofing off with him and it was funny. It was funny watching the little kids do some of the games during dinner. They were too cute!
The atmosphere was great...we had a beautiful window view of the castle and the scenary was just as nice.

mdricks
04-18-2008, 04:33 PM
We go to Ohana's every trip although my DW has said "no more". I love the place. Cest la vie.

jszczur5
04-21-2008, 02:07 AM
I didn't vote in this poll, as we have never been. I am pleased, however, to see that the majority (currently 51%) are going with "Excellent", as we have ADR's for 'Ohana this year during Free Dining, and I am really looking forward to it. Sad about the potatoes being switched to noodles though.:(

TheMartellFamily
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
This is a fav of our family. We love it. It starts with the lapu lapu and then we get the meal. It is just a great experience all around.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
We loved it...I just wish they would keep the potatoes...We will go back again...:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
We LOVE 'Ohana!!! We've eaten there 3 times and enjoyed it each time. Twice we were lucky enough to see Wishes from our table. It is a fun, family restaurant but my DH and I enjoyed a dinner date there too. We enjoyed watching the other families/kids having a great time.
I love the Lapu Lapu :papple: YUM! And make sure to save room for dessert.

EXCELLENT!!!

lightyearfan
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
well this was a no brainer, me and dw voted excellent, how can you not. (IMHO) this is 1 of the best TS in all of WDW. the food is excellent, the service,the views, just everything. we would go there just for those awesome chicken wings and like Minnie4Me we are also going twice on our upcoming trip, 1 to start our trip and it will be the last before we leave. we went to Ohana's for the first time in 06 and we've been hooked ever since.:mickey::papple:

Victor

GoofyFan3
04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Sooooooo much food.......:mickey: Going back in July.