PDA

View Full Version : Favorite little thing about staying on property?

DunkieKong
04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I know everyone loves the Extra Magic Hours, and the fantastic Disney service and atmosphere. But what is your favorite little thing about staying on property? I would definitely say mine has to do with the wake-up calls. I love when I call to schedule a wake up call, and the computer operator says "and we wish you magical dreams". It just really makes me feel like I'm at Disney when I hear that. I wish my alarm clock at home could do the same thing.

Seasonscraps
04-11-2008, 11:11 AM
We usually stay at the boardwalk and I love going down to the bakery in the moring. It's really peaceful & quiet at that hour.

MMouse6937
04-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I love passing through those gates and knowing that I'm *there* for a whole week. Nothing from the outside ruining my magic. I know that everything that happens there happens because that's the way Walt wanted guests to be treated, and for me that's the full magical package!

cal5755
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Whatever view our value resort has. Like at Music we could see the Epcot Globe from our room. Even when we stayed at movies and we could see the Fantasia hat out the window... knowing by your view you are in the happiest place in the world... can't beat that!

moe513
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Using Disney transportation and no driving.

joonyer
04-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Leaving the outside real world behind and living in the magic of "Disney" world. All the the resorts do a very good job of creating the ambience and atmosphere that gives you the magical place feeling. One of those little things is the background music playing at the resorts.

Taja
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
WDW transportation.

Love knowing that I'm on vacation, I'm not in a hurry and I don't have to drive! *LOL*

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Getting to sleep in and STILL get to the parks at a decent hour! I love not having to drive an hour to get to the parks early.

JMTStone
04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Using Disney transportation and no driving.

I never want to search a parking lot again!!!

BMan62
04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Boarding the plane in Baltimore, I know that I will not have another worry for 8 days!!!

KineGirl
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
We usually stay at OKW and I love the total inclusiveness of the property! The tennis court, the exercise room, the pool, the transportation, The Gurgling Suitcase :marg: LOL ( alot of times DH and I will get off at Hosp. House and grab one of their yummy Pina Coladas for the room!) not to mention the Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley playing in the background :cloud9:

But mostly I love it when we check in and they say "Welcome home!" ... so true

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Just knowing that I am in the "World" with no worries from the outside world! :mickey:

Mulan
04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Another vote for Disney transportation. It's nice that if my DH wants to go back for a nap that we can split and meet up later that day.

Also I love when I'm checking in. Just standing there and watching my younger DD color and watch TV and my older DD asking for money for the gift shop. Oh, vacation!:thumbsup:

biodtl
04-11-2008, 03:42 PM
WDW transportation. I love that I can be dead tired and not have to worry about getting to my car and behind the wheel. Plus, I can do a "beers around the world" tour in WS :blush:

I also like being immersed in Disney and not dealing with the outside world (like traffic - ugh). I live that everything we do, whether it is eating, swimming, taking a walk, relaxing in the room, etc - always has at least a touch of WDW magic.

jwallace378
04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
The quirky bus drivers for Disney Transportation

GrmGrninGost
04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
The total immersion into all things Disney! Not having to leave the property at night! Not having to drive! Knowing that if anything is not just right with the room, a quick phone call will take care of it pronto! I've never gotten a mosquito bite on WDW property! Wake up calls! :mickey:

Hayden's Dad
04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Total Immersion in the Magic!!!!!

WDWgoofy
04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
The themeing that extends the Disney magic over the entire vacation.

I have stayed at way too many hotels over my business career and, frankly, staying in another hotel is not special.

However when you stay at AKL, WL, CBR or Pop you get experience something new and FUN. The decor, the music, the lanscaping, Disney TV, hidden Mickey's.

In my opinion, the Disney resort is half the fun of a WDW vacation.

pdrlkr
04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
The magic never ends! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Lisaj13
04-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I take the bus to work at home, but evenings and weekends I'm ferrying people about.

My kids are too young to drive, so I chauffeur them. My sister doesn't drive, so I chauffer her. Most of my friends don't have cars, so I chauffeur them. Thank goodness my Dad still has his driver's license!

So it's so nice to let someone else do the driving. No maps, no reading street signs, no gassing up the car, no waiting for the air conditioning to cool the car off, no search of the parking lot :confused: (I have the world's worst sense of direction). I can sit, relax and chat and enjoy the scenery.

BronxTigger
04-11-2008, 06:10 PM
The Stacy Channel!

pink
04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I love passing through those gates and knowing that I'm *there* for a whole week. Nothing from the outside ruining my magic.

I agree- couldn't have said it better myself! I also enjoy not having to drive as well. It's great to just step outside the lobby and have buses ready to take you wherever you want to go whenever you want to go. :mickey:

azdisneymom
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
We have only stayed at AKL. We enjoy sitting in the rockers around the firepit and listening to the CM's share their stories. It is a peaceful time that transports you to a magical place.

P.S. Not having to drive back to the hotel when I am dog tired is a plus, too.

Mickey91
04-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Parking the car and not having to return to it until checkout. Plus, the real world doesn't exist because you never have to enter it during your entire stay!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-12-2008, 08:29 AM
There are so many little things we love about staying on Disney property.....towel animals in the afternoon...mickey soap...no driving for a week...a smile at every corner, from CM's to guests like us....

....most have mentioned our favs ....

...what about having Stacie in the background counting down the top attractions, while your getting ready for the day....that does it for me alone !!!!!:mickey::thumbsup::mickey:

AdventurerKim
04-12-2008, 09:42 AM
The best part is that you never leave the "magic" when staying on property!

mac badger
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
i love driving back to the resort at night, and the guards say "welcome home" it makes me misty eyed
going to disney without staying at disney just doesnt feel the same to me. i'll never stay off property again

GINNY69
04-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Landing in Orlando Int'l Airport, checking in for the DME and getting on the bus, watching the video and just getting really excited and then finally you pass the gates at your resort and you have no worries for the next week , no driving and just knowing your going to have a fun filled week...

elmjimmlm
04-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I know its crazy but I love to walk thru POR food court...The sounds and smells and all the people...I love not having to worry about transportation to each park...I love to watch the resort tv with Stacies top 7...There are so many things...:mickey:

magicofdisney
04-12-2008, 04:46 PM
The Magic of Disney never ending! :mickey:

kathiep
04-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Never having to leave the "World".

We do drive to some locations in our car - such as Downtown Disney - but we never venture off property.

It's so nice to forget that the real world exists for a while.

Brainiak5
04-12-2008, 06:12 PM
There's so many.. the kids level of excitement matched only by my own, the mickey soaps, the mickey shampoo, the towel animals, my son saying good morning and goodnite to Tramp everyday, being driven everywhere by someone else, the kids making vacation friends on the buses, chatting with other guests from all over the country and world, and most of all- the music. Your day is almost like a movie because you have a "theme" song or background music playing all day every where you go. It's magic :mickey:

NJ Camper
04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Probably my favorite thing is after the drive from NJ to FW not having to drive til we go home but there is so many from the EMH to the many things that we can do even without going in the parks boats,movies,campfire,fishing,food and many more how do you pick just one as a favorite

Buttercup
04-12-2008, 06:50 PM
I like the music that they play around the resorts. It's just so... "Disney". :mickey:

BostonChic
04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
The transportation and towel animals :thumbsup:

princessjojo
04-12-2008, 07:43 PM
When you're on property, the outside world doesn't exist. And where else can you be catered to and be made to feel like for that moment you are the most important person to your reservationist, or driver, or the characters even for that matter. Unlike in the "real world" if things go wrong, you're left to deal with it yourself, here you can most often count on it being taken care of and you seldom get the short end of the stick. You always feel special.

For that time while you're on property, all is right with the world.

TheMartellFamily
04-12-2008, 11:18 PM
As soon as you go under the welcome sign there seems to be Disney air. I wish I could take this air and bottle it and sell it or at least take it home with me when I leave. There is just so much that is there. I would say the stay is just about that vacation and the outside world just dissappears. How great is that.

DunkieKong
04-13-2008, 11:43 AM
i love driving back to the resort at night, and the guards say "welcome home" it makes me misty eyed

That is definitely a good one. Okay, now I have two.

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
hehe...the disney soaps you get! i use my own but i always take these as a souvenir...

plus being close enough to see the fireworks at night if you leave the parks early...

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
My favorite thing is never having to feel the "real world" while on our WDW trips. Whether I'm at the Parks, on the Buses, Monorail, Boats or my room., I'm there, in the magic, full time.

slpngbty56
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
DD17-towel animals
DD14-EMH
DS12-Ol Man Island
DH38-Afternoon naps
ME- Walking into the lobby at POR & the smell of our room

disneydeb
04-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I love to go under the WDW sign and know I'm home. I love to leave the driving, cooking and cleaning to someone else. I love purchasing something and asking the CM to send it to my resort. I love making comversation with happy people.

thumperbug
04-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Getting off the airplane at MCO. I love the anticipation of heading past all the rental car counters to arrive at the DME counter. You can see CM's with their big white Mickey hands....

katzctkpt
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Leaving troubles behind and indulging in all the magic Disney offers.

JerseyDad
04-14-2008, 10:52 AM
....so many "little things" add up to the overall WDW Experience:

background music...particularly in Epcot

not having to get back in the car for 8 days after driving to WDW from Jersey

shopping...and not having to carry what I bought because I can have it sent to the resort

the incredible landscaping...that's a big one for me since we leave Jersey in Nov...and all the trees are bare by then

ChewyStriker
04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh, my favorites have to be some of those previously mentioned - I also love the complete emersion, the background music, not having to drive and that voice that says "We wish you magical dreams," when requesting a wake up call.

I do miss the "zippedy do dah, tip for today!":mickey:

lightyearfan
04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
me and dw love everything about staying on DIsney property. that great feeling that you first get when you drive threw the Welcome to Disney World Arch, to knowing once at that point we are insconsed with Disney, staying at a Disney Resort (ASMU), and everythinf that comes with that. as like alot of other posts about this topic we also enjoy our wake up calls. Disney just goes all out to make your stay a very pleasant one. there really is no other place like it!

Victor

Disney Doll
04-14-2008, 11:49 AM
All good posts. I too think it's a combination of all the little things. I once saw a cast member cleaning the glass door to the food court with a foaming window cleaner. I happened to notice that she sprayed 3 circles before wiping the window. You guessed it the 3 circles made a mickey. How much better can it get when watching someone clean the window brings you a smile?

GrumpyFan
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
It's hard to put my finger on just what the "Magic" is, because there are so many little things that all add up. However, I love that feeling I get when passing under the Walt Disney World arches driving in, and just leaving the real world behind. While I'm there I feel like a kid again (like the Orlando commercial), and staying on-property just helps me keep that feeling the entire time I'm there. It's really indescribable.

PetefromRI
04-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm a very early riser,usually around 5:30,and I love grabbing my coffee and walking around the resort all by myself in the morning.I usually end up talking to the pool cleaners or I go into the resort shop and shoot the breeze with someone in there.It's my favorite part of the day!

PetefromRI
04-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah,and how can I forget about Stacey!!!

Sweezy
04-15-2008, 04:57 AM
so many reasons...and thats why for our one main trip (xmas) per year we always stay on property. for one, its great to know that when you arrive, youre there (in the world) for the whole time. for whatever reason another thing ive always liked are the labels on the toiletries...i dont know why but they always give me the strongest feeling of staying at one of the resorts. some of the others are )heading down to beaches and cream for lunch )the serenity of the lagoon )the overall ambience, which just cant be beat.

sbnewbride
04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with most listed already. My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon there a month ago and one of our favorite things was just feeling so special. I would say about 90% of the cast members that saw our "Just Married" pins said some sort of congratulations to us. We loved being immersed in Disney all the time. So much of the property has that magical Disney theming that you never forget you're on vacation...at Disney World...the happiest place on earth!

Also, everything is just so convenient. Not having to drive and navigate your way around (we would have been lost most of the time for sure). Not having to cook or really clean up after yourself. If you have the DP, not really having to worry about how much the items cost b/c they're mostly already paid for. Not having to look for things to do b/c there's so much to do there. I know you can get some of these at other places, but to add the Disney element to it makes it so much more enjoyable!

mouselover93
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
being in the magic 24/7 and if your lucky a resort with a view of a park or a good fireworks view

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Just knowing that I am in the "World" with no worries from the outside world! :mickey:

Well said!!:mickey:

goofygirl67
04-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Just being there.
Knowing I will have at least 1 week a year (usually 3 weeks) that I can smile and forget about everything else. I have often told people I work with that it is my 'Happy Place'.

c&d
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Walking around the resort. It's a relaxing way to either start or end the day.

LuckyMum22
04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Favorite little thing about staying on property?
*Resort TV
*little Mickey shaped clouds on the weather channel
*Mickey soaps & the smell of the shampoo
*themed pools (kids favorite!)
*refillable mugs and rum from home
*Mousekeeping
*that little clothes line to hang up wet swim suits on in the bathroom
*peaceful morning walks for coffee while my DH has his turn in the shower
*music everywhere
*helpful cast members
*shopping at the resort store
*taking turns answering the wake-up call from Mickey
*that safe feeling you can't get off site

Tink#64
04-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Parking the car and not having to return to it until checkout. Plus, the real world doesn't exist because you never have to enter it during your entire stay!:mickey:

:exactly: We were there just last week!
I can't believe our trip is over & we're already home :(.
This was our very 1st time driving & we had to stay off property for the 1st few days because there was nothing available in the World! I couldn't wait to get checked in at Pop! The offsite hotel was fine, actually a bigger room than at Pop. It was a nice enough place, but it just wasn't Disney! When we left the parks I felt like we were leaving the magic behind until tomorrow instead of being in the magic for the entire stay. We just love the atmosphere in the Disney resorts, the background music, the CM's, the magical feeling that seems to be everywhere! I too love to arrange for the wake up call & have my kids wake up with the characters! Now more than ever, after having to drive around the 1st couple of days, we LOVE using Disney transportation. It's so much more relaxing than fighting the traffic, figuring out which way to go & dealing with the parking lots! IMHO Disney transpo is one of the biggest advantages of staying on property! :thumbsup: :boat: :bus:

spoonfulosugar
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
At the end of the day when it is time to "go home", you're not really going home! The magic continues as you fall asleep and wake up to another Disney day. I also love coming back to the resort after a long day and seeing how cozy it looks at night...all those twinkling lights that light the pathways are so enchanting. I'm smiling just thinking about a warm Disney evening. :mickey:

lovedisneyworld
04-17-2008, 07:30 AM
1. I love being in "Disney World"and leaving the real world behind for a while.
2. I love the disney transportation and not having to drive.
3. I love eating out every day and knowing I will be eating at some fun places.
4. I love how friendly the CMs are. 5. I love seeing everyone with their mickey ears or goofy hat on and all the different DW T-shirts.
6. I love the animal towels and the special things the housecleaning crew do.
7. I love the different themes at each hotel.

Soul_Power
04-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Besides the obvious (Magical Express, transportation, extra magic hours), mine would have to be the feeling of that good ol' Disney magic 24 hours a day!

brownie
04-18-2008, 03:18 PM
The refillable mugs!

Mickeymoo
04-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm a very early riser,usually around 5:30,and I love grabbing my coffee and walking around the resort all by myself in the morning.I usually end up talking to the pool cleaners or I go into the resort shop and shoot the breeze with someone in there.It's my favorite part of the day!

I too am an early riser and I grab my coffee and roam the resort and watch the sunrise and like you I end up talking to one of the CM's...and pick up some great tips. Disney in the Early Am...nothin better:thumbsup:
I'' be there in 3.5 weeks, i can hardly wait! Poly here we come

barnaby
04-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Never having to experience the "real" world until your trip is over.

AllDisney
04-19-2008, 10:03 AM
The fact that while I am there for the week I NEVER have to set off the property. My magical Disney vacation will NOT be interrupted with the real world for the entire time I am there:mickey:

Jodileigh
04-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I love the Top 7 thing on TV! I know, for many she is a bit annoying and such, but for me, it's just a reminder of where I AM!! I also LOVE the towel animals in my room and how my boys "stuff" is arranged when we come back to our room in the evening!

Jodi