PDA

View Full Version : As the Disney World Turns... Travel to WDW (we really did go)

MsMin
04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Friday, April 4th

As the Disney World Turns ……

CAST:
Beth... MsMin Jump the sweet, but very active woman who jumps from one activity to another.
Angel...Here We Go Again... Hop the queen of evil, trouble making cajun girl who is always looking to embarrass someone and is seen "hopping" around due to her evil knee.
Sherrie...Mrs.SgtTigger Skip the lovely and sweet quiet one who is married to Sgt. Tigger and would be happy skipping ToT and sitting on sight absorbing the sights and sounds of WDW and thinking about the next place she wants to eat.
Bret..SgtTigger the honest and loyal, law enforcing hero who whines a lot about missing out on any Disney trip.
Terri, TEAY (the mermaid) a "REAL", Disney cast member, who joins the team in Orlando. Terri another sweet (but not quiet) woman (remember Angel is the only evil one). Terri is the character in this story who is always on the phone saying she is coming...
Jeanne, Piglet822 and clone of evil Angel; but, the cloning was incomplete because she came out nice. Jeanne's passion is to follow people around in a bus.
Jim, an innocent mears driver who follows Jeanne to keep her from her evil ways and secretly wonders what he did in life to end up with such a group of crazy women??

We left this story when Hop hoped to go to WDW and Jump, who would jump on any chance to go encouraged her to just leave the family behind and hit the road (going straight there of course) and Skip who wanted to skip out of class and go relax :rotfl: visualized this group stopping in Tallahassee or Lake City on the way down.
The adventure begins Friday morning. The plan as you may recall was Angel would come to Baton Rouge and we would make sandwiches and head out to pick up Sherrie after work… Yes, things started different from planned. Angel had a very bad night with her knee and was running a little behind; but, it didn't matter because I had time to mop the floors and since we all love to out do each other Sherrie was gracious enough to have sandwiches for us so we only had to pack the car and decorate it with LSU paraphernalia for the sake of our SEC neighbors and hit the road.
When Angel left Lafayette she was followed by a huge black rain cloud (probably something SgtTigger got from Pooh). We were under a tornado watch and wanted to stay ahead of the severe weather to help keep us safe. We arrived in Chalmette at 12:30 early enough to pick up some of Bret’s favorite treats (yummy turtles, a buttery pecan cookie with a mound of fudgie frosting on top yum) and were on our way to pick up Sherrie.
We greet Bret bearing gifts as if appealing to a god on Olympus. I brought him some cheese and crackers to go along with his whine..:thedolls: and a cup from the Bacchus parade (god of wine) and Angel brought him an adorable Easter Tigger and of course the goodies we picked up along the way. With the stun gun in hand… we loaded Sherrie’s belongings and quickly left town to avoid any road blocks Bret may have set. Sherrie got off a little early and we were on the road ahead of schedule and merrily on our way to our favorite place.
Our plan was to drive as far as Lake City but the weather was threatening so with the bad weather on our tail we decided to drive as far as possible and hopefully reach Orlando to avoid driving in the severe weather in the morning. :plot: Would Angel and Beth had driven through w/o the weather pushing them?? probably so...

Travel was uneventful with a few little showers and one traffic jam but very uneventful. We listened to Disney music the entire way when we were not laughing. Potty stops were restricted to gas stations and refueling with only one emergency stop at a rest area outside of Tallahassee (we really have to get Angel to drink less)
We arrived in Orlando near 1am and got a room at the Double Tree Suites near DDT.
Angel had a brilliant idea to order room service for breakfast for a great beginning to our special day ahead.
Then we decide to tell Sherrie that both Angel and I have been plotting a few mischievous things.... we cloned SgtTigger and brought him along. Of course like many cloning experiments something went wrong and we ended up with just a head and a "flat" Bret--- but he was quiet and didn't complain. (:hug: we do love you Bret)

The plan for April 5th! Sleep a little late, have breakfast at 9:30 or 10, pack and move to our temporary resort the Hilton near DDT and just a couple doors down. Remember we were supposed to arrive on Saturday with our original plans and no rooms were available on the grounds. Originally we were supposed to arrive around noon and shop and resort hop. Now it is… move to the Hilton, hit the outlet mall then DTD then resort hop…. Will things go as planned? Stay tuned….

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Glad y'all made it there safely! I love that you decorated the car with LSU things!! LOVE IT!! Go Tigers!! :number1:

Can't wait to read more about this adventure!

pogo
04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a good trip getting started ! :mickey:

I can't wait to read more ! :D

pdrlkr
04-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

KylesMom
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Great start - I'm lovin' all these different perspectives from one trip. Can't wait to hear more, especially about your birthday, Beth! :mickey:

JMTStone
04-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I love reading these posts. Thank you MsMin. Thank you Sgt for doing the "I'm not going" posts too.

SgtTigger
04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I love reading these posts. Thank you MsMin. Thank you Sgt for doing the "I'm not going" posts too.

No problem.......... remember there are 3 sides to every story....
Mine
theirs
and the truth
:D

:cop: :tigger:

Piglet822
04-12-2008, 08:26 PM
No problem.......... remember there are 3 sides to every story....
Mine
theirs
and the truth
:D

Did you forget about my side of it? Hmmmmmmmmm??????

SgtTigger
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Did you forget about my side of it? Hmmmmmmmmm??????

you are under theres...............
:rotfl:

faline
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Another view of this trip?! What fun! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE these reports :)

DizNee143
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
this should be an interesting trip report..
glad you guys made it to disney with out any major weather trouble....ok off to read about the rest of the trip!! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 12:36 AM
I can't wait to read more. Poor Angel:mickey:
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Glad you ladies made it through that bad weather safely and seem ready for some Disney Adventures. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

cal5755
04-18-2008, 01:38 PM
wow leaving ahead of time, beating the bad weather... more time in Disney.. what a great start!