PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip for 2 families of five???

ldc12377
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
My friend and I are thinking about taking our families our a WDW trip next year. We both have families of five and were wondering which resorts could we go to to only have one room each. We know the Poly rooms do and the Deluxe rooms at WL do but where else? Both of our husbands want to go to WL but that might be alittle expensive. Any ideas? Also when will next years prices be released? Any opinions?

TammiMcMan
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Not all deluxe resorts accomodate 5, so you need to be careful there. The WL and AKL both have a maximum occupancy of 4 in a room, unless one of the parties is a child under the age of 3.

You could get 1 room each at the Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Dolphin, FW Cabin, All Star family suite or 2-bedroom DVC unit.

If you are sold on the WL and everyone in your group is aged 3 and up, then you would need to book a deluxe club level room aka junior suite.

magicofdisney
04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
If you're budget minded, the All Star Music suites would be a perfect solution. I've not stayed there, but I've heard good things. They accommodate parties of 6. You could request adjoining suites so your families will be close together. The cabins at Fort Wilderness also accommodate 6 but they're a little more pricey. The added benefit is you get a full kitchen. Have fun.

TheMartellFamily
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
There is also the cabins in Ft. Wilderness. These are free standing buildings that are more like a one room house. These have full kitchen, and 1 bathroom. This was you can have two buildings and eat some meals like breakfast in the cabin to save money.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
POR, in the Bayou section has rooms that will allow 5...they have a trundle bed for the 5th person.

I don't know if they would connect, but you would be able to get rooms close to each other, and it would be a bit cheaper than a deluxe.

kminton
04-11-2008, 10:48 AM
We are only a family of 3 but we went with friends of ours that were a family of 5. At the Port Orleans Riverside, in the Alligator Bayou they have rooms that will accomodate 5. It is a trundle bed that you slide out from underneath the bed closest to the door. Now granted, It is better suited for a small child than an adult. We requested rooms that were near each other. When we checked in, they did not have adjoining rooms but adjacent rooms. When you make your reservation - or even a week a head of your arrival - make your request known.

These rooms are very nice - they have 2 sinks, a little extra room and we were on the ground floor right out from the quiet pool and laundry room. I think it was Building 15 which was just a short stroll to the bus stop.

When we went and stayed at the Fairway Villas - no longer there- we were a family of 8 (my brother and his family, mom, dad and 2 of us). That was the perfect arrangement - 2 bedrooms (1 with 2 regular beds and 1 with a king bed) and a murphy bed in the den area and 2 1/2 baths. I wish they still had those or at least something similar.

Good luck with your search.
Kerri