PDA

View Full Version : AS Sports - my comments

Marker
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Just returned from a short visit, spending 2 nights at All*Star Sports. With this stay at All*Star Sports I have now stayed at all of the value resorts. And I guess I have to say, this Sports is probably my least favorite. Primarily as a matter of the theming. I didn't find the theming as captivating, although for an 11 y.o. boy it would probably be great. We were in building 7, in the football area. Admitedly I didn't really look around too much at the other areas, but this one just didn't capture my fancy.

There were also a lot of teams of some sort there. I love being in an enviromnent with kids and families around, but teams of unruly kids with obviously not enough supervision is not a good thing. I'm not really blaming the resort, it's more the kids getting rowdy, until very late hours, without adults bothering to settle them down. Perhaps resort management could patrol the halls, but it shouldn't need to be their responsibility.

I won't say that I noticed any specific maintenance issues, but I think you can tell that the resort suffers from heavy use, much more than I noticed at the other resorts.

I don't know if it's just my imagination but I thought the food court seemed kind of smaller. My wife did too.

The bus situation was not a problem, for the most part. On a morning trip to MK, the bus did stop at all 3 All*Star resort, but on the trip home individual busses for each resort. The only issue was leaving Epcot at closing. I think the teams had a "last night" thing at Epcot or something and the bus stop was overwhelmed. Apparently Disney had expected it somewhat as they were running chartered coaches in addition to the WDW busses. But the shear volume of people overwhelmed the system. Then, you also had large groups of kids coming to the like to join other large groups and feeling it ok it just cut in with their friends. Needless to say, the crowd was getting restless with this behavior.

I will say, that given my previous experience, I blame myself for waiting in that out-of-control line. I could have jumped over to the All*Star Music line (which was shorter) and then walked next door to our resort, or better yet I should have taked the monorail over to MK (which closed an hour later) and caught a bus to resort from there. I might could have even caught Wishes one more time.

mrsgaribaldi
04-13-2008, 09:04 AM
We've stayed at all the values also and I think that Pop Century is my favorite. We haven't stayed at any of the All Stars for years now. Last time we were there it was terrible. People were hanging out drinking, throwing beer bottles, very unDisney like. It doesn't sound like you had to bad a time. I find that most of the time the parents don't supervise their kids. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Did you take any pics we can see?