PDA

View Full Version : Mexico - Tequila Bar Coming? Or New DTD to Take Its Place?

Maleficent's Dad
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
About a year ago, Disney announced that the Mexican Pavilion in EPCOT would host a new "Tequila Bar."

We were there in August and again in December, and the CM's told us that the new "bar area" would open this coming summer.

With the announcement of the new restaurant/tequila bar in DTD, do you think/know that Disney has eliminated their plans for the Mexican Pavalion?

wdwnomad
04-10-2008, 11:21 PM
When I read the other post about the new place I wondered the same thing. What ever happened to that? I thought it was supposed to open last year. If I remember correctly Disney even put out a press release or something like that about it.

TheRustyScupper
04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
As printed on t-shirts in Cancun . . .

One tequila,
Two tequila,
Three tequila,
Floor !

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
As printed on t-shirts in Cancun . . .
Okay, I've seen these shirts and get the joke...

But do you know the answer to my original question??? :confused:

AHOTE
04-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Friends just returned from WDW yesterday. They said nothing has been started yet regarding the Tequila Bar. :(
I did find this on a WDW information site. I hope it's true. :fingers:
"By summer 2008, a new tequila bar opens adjacent to San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion, and the outdoor Cantina de San Angel expands, with more seating and a new menu." joy:

Hopefully it's on track for my trip in November, after all it's only a year late.

battle beast
04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd love a tequila bar in mexico!:number1:

Figment!
04-13-2008, 01:31 AM
As these are two different third party projects, it seems unlikley that Disney could or would cancel one in favor of the other.

Maleficent's Dad
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
As these are two different third party projects, it seems unlikley that Disney could or would cancel one in favor of the other.
Jason,
You are definitely "in the know" for most WDW projects - any word at all on the Mexican Pavilion's new addition???

Figment!
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Per the Walt Disney World Resort's most recent press release (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124045) regarding the project, it is scheduled to open Summer 2008.

Maleficent's Dad
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks Jason, for your help. :thumbsup:

I had read Carol's original post, but I was just wondering if you knew anything further. :mickey: You are, after all, the Disney News Guru!!! :D

Crow
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
of course i would have to look into anything like this:marg::beer:
i was sorta wondering on my trip end of Feb but I didnt see anything afoot.
Sept is my next time to investigate at the moment. Im wondering where they may put it.
and if it will participate in the DDE like Rose & Crown pub did for my:beer: