PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier - Lunch or Dinner

starrmomof2
04-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I am debating on whether to try for reservations at LeCellier for lunch or dinner. I know the dinner res is hard to come by, so I'm thinking that maybe lunch isn't quite so tough. The menus have similar offerings with sandwiches being offered at lunch as well as a few steak entrees. My question to those who have done both, is the lunch version about the same as the dinner? I'm getting ready to start making ADR's and think this will work better for us. Thanks!:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
We've done both and I would go with Dinner...if you can get a reservation! We could not get in for dinner so went for lunch. It was still a great meal, but it is a heavy meal and we felt kind of sluggish after (who want to go on Mission Space now? :ill::ack:).

Enjoy:beer:

AdventurerKim
04-12-2008, 09:29 AM
You can't go wrong with either lunch or dinner at Le Cellier. We've done both and loved both, although we do dinner most often. Definitely make ADR's if you want dinner because they fill up fast and early! We walked in for lunch on Thanksgiving once.

jans2kids
04-12-2008, 10:20 AM
We have done lunch twice. With it becoming more popular it was eadier to get in at lunch time.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I would say dinner definitely but if you are going in sept of 2008 it is probably too late. Unless you go at an off hour like 8 at night I would say dinner is booked. This place is typically full unless you book very close to 180 days out therefore I would be surprised if you got in at dinner. So I would rather have lunch there than nothing at all. You also might get lucky with a cancellation so it is always worth a try.

mainemajor
04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
We booked a late lunch and it was very enjoyable. As it turned out just as we entered a thunderstorm rolled over and by the time we were done eating it had passed, so we not only had a great meal, but also missed the rain that time :mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-12-2008, 10:37 PM
We just booked on Wed for Sept 11, which was about 155 days out, the day after we booked for free dining. I had a few dates, just in case. They gave me a few options for dinner, and we are early eaters (Dad's reflux is a real health issue) and got 445 on my first choice night! That was a nice surprise!

So, it IS possible. You can always call back every so often to see if something opens up on a day you want, especially about 45 days out, when people have to pay the rest of their trip. Plus, there's always the day of. Some people cancel them when they arrive!

I would choose dinner for the variety of options, and like someone said earlier, you might feel very sluggish after.

TheMartellFamily
04-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Love the dinner and the options they have there. But then if you can get in all food is good.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 01:11 AM
We prefer dinner.:mickey:

CaptSmee
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I love lunch there! they have some yummylicious sandwhiches!!!:tasty:

disneyduggan
04-13-2008, 05:11 PM
We just booked for July lunch last week. Could not have gotten dinner. We are happy to try for luch and will probably save a few bucks eating lunch instead of dinner (which I promptly spent by making a PS for dinner at the castle). :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I've only done lunch and it was delicious :eat: