PDA

View Full Version : Parking lots at the resorts ever fill to capacity?

MicMouse
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Hello.

We're driving all the way from IL to the Polynesian. I would hate it if we got there and all the parking spaces were full.

Has this ever happened? Do they turn away people staying at the resort, or do they get a "reserved" space over someone not staying there?

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
1) There are not spaces "reserved" for guests.
2) But, they try to keep parking
. . . for guests staying at Poly
. . . for guests eating at Poly (3-hr parking pass)
3) You should be able to get a spot,

illini
04-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I can't imagine that happening. We were there in Nov and the resort was either full or very close, but there was still plenty of parking-- even in the mornings and evenings when people would be eating at the Poly. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

KylesMom
04-10-2008, 10:56 PM
We've driven down several times - or we rent a car from the airport - and have never had any problems parking at our resort.

However, we aren't promising that your car will be parked close to the building you'll be staying in! :mickey:

P.S. - YAY another White Sox Fan!

Young@Heart
04-10-2008, 11:32 PM
However, we aren't promising that your car will be parked close to the building you'll be staying in! :mickey:

ITA! We're driving down for the second time in Aug, and we had no trouble finding empty spaces last trip (late June 2006). However, the later we returned at night, the farther from our room we needed to park.

thrillme
04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I've always stayed at the Values and I've never had a problem parking with the exception of perhaps parking a bit farther away than I "wanted" too...but then I swear gremlins move my room "farther away" from the parking lot every night when I return from all day at the parks than it was when I left. It really doesn't matter HOW close I get to park.

sainter
04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I would think that as more people use ME, this would be even less an issue than ever...?

Polynesian Dweller
04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, we've stayed there the last 17 years at various times of year and never a problem. We always have a car. :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I have seen some very full but there is always room for one more.

shellyc
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Several years ago we stayed at the Coronado Springs during a tow truck convention. That was the only time that we had problems finding a parking spot close to our building. There were hundreds of tow trucks parked in the lots. I'm sure that was the exception.....
I know the Poly lot is closely monitored so you shouldn't have a problem.