PDA

View Full Version : when do you ask for room location?

funkehouse
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
at the time of booking, or when you get to the resort and check in?
going to stay at POP and hate walking super far.... thanks !:mickey:

PetefromRI
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
First of all:welcome:to Intercot!Your gonna love it here.I belong to a few boards and Intercot is the friendliest most up to date boards on the internet.Now to your question.We usually ask at checkin if we're staying at Pop because we don't think that it's that big of a resort.If we really want a guaranteed close room we just pay extra for a preferred area.Whenever we stay at a moderate we ask in advance if we aren't getting a preferred room and they really do try there best to accomadate you.

WriteDisney
04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I've haven't done it yet, but for our trip in September we're going to try and request a room. Most likely we'll call to confirm our reservation 3 days before we're set to arrive and put the request in then. And ask about it during check in as well.

Jeff G
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I've always had good luck faxing in my request directly to the resort a couple days before we arrive. From what I understand the room planners are usually working out rooms a few days in advance and by having a request to them early and directly helps the odds for getting your requests. Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/roomrequests.asp) is a link to an example fax on Intercot.

Seasonscraps
04-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I make the request when I make the reservation and again at check in.

I heard the fax requests became so volumunous that they go right into the circular file.

Aggie97
04-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I make the request when I make the reservation and again at check in.

I've also had good luck doing this. :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Ditto for making the request when booking. We have never had a problem with it not being noted in the system on our arrival. And check-in as early as possible so that you have first choice of available rooms if you want to switch.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I always make sure that the requests on on my reservation, and I ask again (very nicely) at check-in.

They will do their best to accomedate, if they can.

A tip a read once is be sure to tell them why you want the room, such as requesting a room "close to main building" instead of a room in "building 4", so they can give you the best they can, if your first choice isn't available.

JerseyDad
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
at the time of booking, or when you get to the resort and check in?
going to stay at POP and hate walking super far.... thanks !:mickey:

....ask right away when making the reservation. Then...periodically check in...possibly when making ADR's...and reiterate your request. Then...when you receive confirmations / paperwork from WDW...ask...AGAIN. Then...finally...ask at check in...if they've not already accomodated your request.

We stay at POP all the time and there aren't too many spots that are "super far" from the main hall & buses. But we always ask for a preferred location room...60's building...and as close to the pool and main hall as possible. We've been pretty luck to have been accomodated with some great room locations

...oh.....and......Welcome To Intercot!!