PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stores

JPooh
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Is the World Of Disney the only store truely owned by Disney? I thought I read on the board that the Disney store in the malls were sold to another company. Is this why I can't get alot of same products I see at World Of Disney when I'm at home?

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes, the Disney Stores in the malls are not owned by Disney anymore

DisneyDog
04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
But they will be owned by Disney again soon...however, many of the stores will be closing when the sale takes place. They are currently owned by Children's Place clothing stores.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I also believe that the DisneyShopping.com is owned by The Disney Stores, which as other have said, is owned by The Children's Place.

The only way to get items you see at WDW from home is to contact Mail Order, and have the SKU number. The number to call is 407-363-6200.

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Disney is re-purchasing the Disney stores back?
thats good news

JPooh
04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
What about World Of Disney NYC. Do they have the same merchandise as downtown Disney?

wendy*darling
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
What about World Of Disney NYC. Do they have the same merchandise as downtown Disney?
NYC's store is owned by Disney, but they do not have everything you see in Downtown Disney. They have some similar merchandise, and they have some NYC specific items as well.

A rule we live by- if you see it a Disney- buy it where you see it. While many of the generic items might be available in more than one location- most are not.

As a last resort- call WDW Merchandising when you get home:
1-407-363-6200
Or by email: [email protected] ([email protected])

You need to tell them the exact item(s) you want and where you saw it in the parks. If you have the sku number- that would be best. If not, they can go search for you and then they let you know if they find it, the price and shipping charges before you have to decide to make the purchase.

Oh- and YES! Bryan- Disney will own the Disney Stores once again! :party:
I am not sure of the timeline, but I believe it will happen in the coming months.

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Linda-:)))
I liked them better when they were owned by Disney- i think they are just not up to snuff-

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Yay to Disney Stores being re-owned by Disney!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!

Pixie Power
04-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Yay to Disney Stores being re-owned by Disney!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!

:clappy: Now if they'd only open up one again in my local mall so I don't have to drive an hour to my nearest one. ;)

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

JPooh
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm in agreement with you guys. They close the ones in the 3 closest mall where I live, so now I either drive 45 minutes away or go into NYC.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
We had 2 relatively close to us... within 30 min--Tampa and Lakeland... but both of them closed. So we have to go to Brandon now, which is about 45 min away. Sadness.