PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Swirl CHANGED??

JabberJaws
04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
This may be old news but I did a quick search and could not find where it had been posted before, so if it is old news I apologize.

On my last trip to WDW I had one of the most unpleasant Disney-related surprises of my life...I ordrered my favorite snack...the Citrus Swirl...only to discover that they had changed it...FOR THE WORSE!!!!

In the past, they always used real frozen orange juice to make the citrus swirl, when I got it last time, instead of frozen OJ, they used an orange flavored soft serve which made the whole thing taste like an overprized dreamscicle!!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO DISNEY!!!

Has anyone else noticed this? I also got a dole whip and, though I had never had one before, my wife told me that the dole whip was different too. They were using a pineapple flavored soft serve as opposed to the real deal like they used to use.

Maybe this was a temporary thing? Maybe the frozen OJ machine was busted or something?!?!?!

All I can say is if it is permanent, Disney has gone too far and this time....its personal!!:mad:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been getting the citrus swirl for years and I've never noticed a difference, to be honest. It still tastes just as good now as it did 4 years ago.

JabberJaws
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Hmmm well maybe this was just a temporary thing? Not sure. I worked at WDW for 2 years off an on (once in 2002 and once in 2006) not to mention go all the time and get citrus swirls everytime I go. The last time (last October I believe) they were different. I will try again when my wife and I go in May, and hopefully they will be back to the good ole fashion Citrus Swirls and not the kind I had last time!

dinahvixen
04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
We found the same thing when we were there in September, so since it's been this long, I can't imagine it's only temporary. We were very disappointed as well, we have enjoyed then for 30 years! I remember getting them as a little girl when we visited. My dad went back with me for the first time in 10 years and he was very much looking forward to having his favorite old treat, but it was definitely lame and not the special orange juice concentrate concoction it used to be.

thatkindofday
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
It was definately different when we got one last summer, but I still thought it was delicious.

Crystal Palace
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Where can you get Citrus Swirls??? They sound interesting.

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Where can you get Citrus Swirls??? They sound interesting.
In the MK over by the Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride. There's a CS location behind the attraction which sells them. :mickey:

Crystal Palace
04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh okay. Thanks!:thumbsup: I'll have to check them out in December.

JabberJaws
04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks, I knew we weren't going crazy. We got a dole whip in DL and it was different too.

The citrus swirl was my ALL TIME FAVORITE snack item to get at WDW, from waaaay back when I was a kid. I have always been partial to frozen OJ, so when I got one last time (EXCITED to have one none-the-less) I was DEVASTATED!!

Not sure if it is more cost effective to use the orange soft serve, or maybe they did some focus group or polled people to determine that it would go over better, but Disney's decision to change the CS, to me, ranks third in the pantheon of BAD decisions by Disney...

1.) Removing MTWW from MK (though I did get to ride it several times on our recent trip to DL)

2.) Turning the high-tech, immersive thrill-fest that was Alien Encounter into the lame-duck of a watered down attraction known as SGE.

3.) Changing the CS.

Shame on you Disney...shame.

DisneyDudet
04-12-2008, 12:58 AM
We had our usual Dole Whip Floats in October, and they tasted exactly like they did when we had our first one. My dad likes the Citrus Swirls better, but their machines never work, or they are closed. So we don't know about that.

My other favorite is the Strawberry Swirl! They use Minute Maid juice, so if they pull their contract or product, I'm sure this will change.

IF the Citrus Swirl has changed, maybe this happened. I don't know where they get their juice, but that could explain it.

We will have to try another in Sept... using our free dining!