PDA

View Full Version : Yay-All Booked @ POR, but no guarantee on room/building?????????

*NikkiJ*
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
:woohoo:So I am officially booked for our stay at the end of August for POR...Many many thanks to Debbie for all her help:thumbsup:

However she said we got the waterview room at POR, but when I asked about how room location she said rooms are not assigned until 4 or 5 days before you leave:mad:Why or why does WDW do this?? I really really want building 14 & if I request it I feel WDW should give me what I want--the same can be said for everyone else who requests a room...

I have taken everyone's advice on here and requested: 14, 18, and 27 in that order...Has anyone ever not gotten their requested room? :confused: Please help

thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Congrats! You'll love POR!

From what I understand, the challenge is that Disney can guarantee what you pay for (such as a waterview room, king room, etc), but can't guarantee a specific room location, as these are assigned as they become available.

So, if possible, they will try and accomedate your request, but if there are no water rooms in building 14 available, they can't give you one.

I've been very lucky in the past and always had a room that was exactly what I requested. I wouldn't expect that you'll have a problem getting a room in one of those 3 buildings.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-10-2008, 11:02 AM
We have typically been accomodated with our requests each time but you may have to give a little. We often have to sacrafice building location for connecting rooms and vice versa depending on what is important to us that trip. They do their best to meet requests but it is my understanding that certain requests trump others (although I don't know what they are). My best advice get there early to check in before others requests are filled before yours.

Seasonscraps
04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Disney will do their best to accomodate you - we lucked out getting one of our top choices in the past.

They can't guarantee the location as mentioned above because of the room type (king bed, waterview, etc) and availablity when you check in. It may very well be first come, first served but we'll never know how many people came first. ;)

Either way, it's a lovely resort!! :D

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
We've had most of our requests met, but not all. If the room you're assigned to at check isn't what you were hoping for, ask them to show you what rooms are available in the buildings you wanted. Maybe there will be one that will meet your needs that they can switch you to. I also echo the sentiment that the earlier you check in, the better it is for getting the building you want.