PDA

View Full Version : T&G's Celebrate Spring trip - Day 7

Tink&Goofy
04-09-2008, 11:45 PM
We arrive at Hollywood Studios just as they open the gates. We have breakfast ressies at Hollywood & Vine - but have just enough time before then to get FP for RnRC. The older DDs get the FPs and we head to breakfast. Hollywood & Vine is a character breakfast with Jo Jo, Goliath and Little Einsteins. I was hesitant when planning this one, but it was great. The food was wonderful - one of the best breakfast buffets! It wasn't very crowded, so the character interaction was really good. I scheduled it originally for DD5, but we all really enjoyed it! DD5 knees are still sore, and she hobbles at the start of the day, but I think there is so much to take in, that she totally forgot about them. Soon she was walking like nothing ever happened.
Although it was now time for our FP, we opted to wait until our breakfast set. We did the Backlot tour and walked through the entire studios. Finally we were ready for RnRC! I rode first with DD16 - we both LOVE this ride! We even bought the picture, since we were both screaming our heads off! DD13 and DH were next, while I waited with the youngest. We thought about another FP, but decided some shopping in DTD was in order. I never realized that you cannot take a bus straight from a park to DTD. What a fiasco!! It took us and hour and a half to get there! We wander around and grab a snack, buy some things to ship home, and decide we better head toward Epcot for dinner. Fortunately, it doesn't take near as long to get back, and we arrive at Le Cellier right on time. We have the best server named Kirk. We talk wine - and he has very similar tastes, so we take his recommendation, and are not disappointed. The food is excellent - and I convinced DH to get the filet this time. He was in heaven. We split desserts, and then decide that we can still make it to Fantasmic. DD16 and I hoof it to the Boardwalk to drop off all our DTD purchases, and pick up sweatshirts, as its getting cool - planning to meet up with DH and the other 2 at Fantasmic. We discovered during our October trip that they have an area set aside for reflective captioning for hearing impaired. DD13 really enjoyed having this available. So we were to all meet up there. Apparently, DD16 and I were faster than we thought, because even after stopping at the BW, we STILL beat them there. As Fantasmic was starting, they shuffled us off into a standing room only section - with no hope of finding the others. We enjoyed Fantasmic, even though we were standing. We met up with the others later, and apparently they were right behind us. They made it to the seats just as it was starting. Oh well - at least everyone got to see it!!

offwego
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a great time indeed! DTD does get tricky from the parks, we just hop to a resort and go from there now. Glad you enjoyed LeCellier, where was your server from?

wdwgrl377
04-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah that's a bummer there are no buses from a park to DTD!
Glad you all enjoyed Le Cellier :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
04-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, you certainly got a lot done today! Thanksf or sharing.

pdrlkr
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Caroleh
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
What wines did he recommend? Some of the best Canadian wines come from Pelee Island...right, Nat!!!!

Sounds like a great day!!! Glad to hear that the DD forgot about her scraped up knees!!!

pogo
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds like another fun day with one exception ! DD5 didn't have a :bar: for me today ? :(

I'm glad to hear you bought the photo from RnRC. When are you going to post pictures here for us to see ???? :D

faline
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
A very enjoyable day for your family!

I think they stopped the buses from and to parks and Downtown Disney as many were taking advantage of the free parking there while touring the parks and tying up parking spaces at Downtown Disney.