PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical 4

LauraleeH
04-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I know a lot of people on Intercot were against HSM 3 (Not to mention 2) so how do you feel about Disney announcing the 4th movie before the 3rd has even come out?

Dragongirlx
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
I am not sure about this. I liked the first one, wasn't too fussed about the second, will probably watch the third but I read on another site that the third probably won't have the same cast so I will have to wait and see

brewcrew26
04-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I liked 2 more than 1. But definitely for 3 since it's a theatrical release, they're going to have to do some big time budget musical numbers that they'll be able to play on mainstream radio. Not counting Radio Disney, the only song I've heard on Hot 100 radio was "Bet On It" by Troy (Zac Efron) from the 2nd movie. Three and four will have to have a lot more songs lot that and keep the main cast.

I've heard that the same cast will be in three but they'll introduce "younger" Wildcats who'll play freshmen or sophomores to keep the franchise going. Maybe that's what they're thinking with #4.

I dunno...They're fun, silly movies. I don't have kids but I like 'em. And if my hubbie listens to the music while he's at the gym, they're well worth my time! But don't tell him I told you that's on his iPod playlist! :secret:

WDWFREAK101
04-10-2008, 11:12 AM
4 is pushing it. I heard that they are keeping the cast (Which shocks me after that Vannessa Anne Hudgens messup) I was watching "Idol Gives Back" last night and Ashley Tisdale and Vannessa Anne Hudgens said "We are sorry we couldn't be there tonight because we are working on the set of HSM 3" So I KNOW that they will be in there and they in fact are making a third movie. I serioulsy doubt that they will make a fourth (especially when this one is hitting theatres) Oh well. I'm not much of a HSM person. It is kind of making me sick of it now. I know it is a kid movie but seriously, 4 MOVIES?!?! Not to mention, the Ice Show, Live Stage Show, T-Shirt, Clothes, Blankets (My sister has a Troy and Gabriella blanket :confused:) How can people still enjoy it? I liked it when it first came out but after a while it starts getting old. HSM 3 will be number 1 for a LONG time (Since HSM 2 held the record for most views) It will be ok for a while but then it will just lose popluarity. I will probably be dragged into seeing this anyway because my sister watches these movies all the time. (She is watching the second movie now. :sick:) Oh well. I'm just waiting for National Treasure 3

LauraleeH
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
According to one of the directors, they are bringing in 3 new younger kids to be in the third movie, which will be in theaters and will have the original cast. They are currently working on the script for the fourth movie which will have the 3 new kids but they don't know if any of the original kids will return. I believe Ashley Tisdale will not be returning. And this fourth movie is definitely made for tv (Although the director said that it might change, if they can get the original cast to return then they may move it to theaters). It just seems a little much. I know this is popular NOW, but it won't last. Just look at Hilary Duff/Lizzie McGuire.

Disneypixie513
04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I really think 4 is pushing it. Now i loved the 1st and 2nd movie, and i'm excited for the 3rd..But 4th? I'm not excited about..I can't the HSM movies with a different cast (which is basically going to happen with the 4th). But we'll see..
I am not, however, excited that that 3rd is coming to theaters instead of just TV..I don't know if i want to pay $6 to go see it.

LauraleeH
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I would consider seeing the 3rd in theaters but I'll be worried about so many screaming kids :ack:

bicker
04-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Given that they've made it clear that HSM3 will be the original cast's "Senior Year", I think we can rest assured that HSM4 will focus on a different set of students, and therefore that HSM3 will have some transitional aspects to it.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I will be happy as long as the story is good. :mickey:

murphy1
04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I heard they made each of the first two movies in 30 days. As long as it makes money, they'll keep doing it.

2Epcot
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
We've seen this before Disney/ABC ran Millionaire into the ground until people hated it. They will keep putting out HS Musicals until the same thing happens. The quick buck always seems to come before creating a true lasting fanchise.

LauraleeH
04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
We've seen this before Disney/ABC ran Millionaire into the ground until people hated it. They will keep putting out HS Musicals until the same thing happens. The quick buck always seems to come before creating a true lasting fanchise.
That's exactly my point. The 3rd may be good, but that's where they need to end it. Don't risk ruining a good thing.

RedSoxFan
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
DD11 and her friends are very excited about going to see HSM3. I plan on taking her out of school that day so to avoid the crowds. DD did say this morning that she's not too sure of HSM4 if the original cast members are not in the movies -- mainly Zac Efron. I enjoy the movies and look forward to HSM3.

murphy1
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
That's exactly my point. The 3rd may be good, but that's where they need to end it. Don't risk ruining a good thing.

This reminds me of how bad the Police Academy movies got, I fell asleep in the 5th one!

thrillme
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
My niece and nephew love it my DS can't stand it. I just think it's rather "mushy".

But then I don't horribly dislike the Hannah Montanna show but this concert thing seems ridiculous.

I can't say anything really bad about HSM...but I'd rather be watching aliens, dinosaurs and monsters.

It makes my niece and nephew happy so bring it on.

IamBelle
04-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I Luv The Idea, But It Is Bittersweet For Me Because This Means My Sister Will Cover My Walls In Even More Hsm Posters!!!! I Say Hsm 4? Why Not Potc 4?

LauraleeH
04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I Say Hsm 4? Why Not Potc 4?
Mmm, yeah, I know many would be against it, but I think Pirates of the Caribbean 4 would definitely be worth the risk, but only with the original cast! The 4th Halloweentown movie wasn't that great because it barely had any of the original kids, which is why HSM4 worries me.

Jasper
04-18-2008, 07:21 PM
You know, just like what goes on in real life you have new kids constantly coming through school so in reality Disney could do as many sequels as the market will bear simply by creating new characters and new situations. Of course, whether they should or not really all depends on how good of a job they do with the movies. If they well done with great story lines then I think the franchise can stand new characters. If the story is weak then lack of attendance will kill any future sequels VERY quickly!