PDA

View Full Version : Night Vision Goggles @ AKL?

svarhall07
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
I stayed at the AKL one of the very first years it was open and I didn't know anything about viewing the animals at night with night vision goggles. Someone recently told me you could do this. Is this true? Where in the resort do you do it? And do you have to be a resort guest to do it. I'm staying at POP, but have ADRs at Boma. Can I still use the goggles? Thanks!

chicklittlemom
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
You can see the animals at AKL with night vision goggles at Arusha Rock. There are three different savannas to view the animals (sometimes you see different animals on each savanna), but I think you can only use the night goggles at Arusha. Arusha is adjacent to the main lobby. You shouldn't be able to miss it when you walk in the lobby- that is if you can take your eyes off that lobby! It took me a day to look at anything else!!!:eyes: When we were there, anyone was allowed to go down to Arusha and ask to use the goggles. If that has changed since we were there, I'm sure someone will come along and let us know! Enjoy! :thumbsup:
(BTW, we were there before the construction, so I hope it has not affected the info I gave about the savannas)