PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend

CleveSJM
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Ok, the free dining enticed me enough to book a quick weekend over Labor day.

How crazy busy has it been the last few years with Free Dining? I got all the ADR's I wanted so that surprised me.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

grumpypima
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
You know, you've done what I have been thinking about doing for a couple of days now! :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to make a quick call to Disney to book for Labor Day before my DH gets home!!:secret:

CleveSJM
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
You know, you've done what I have been thinking about doing for a couple of days now! :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to make a quick call to Disney to book for Labor Day before my DH gets home!!:secret:

:party: Awesome! :party:
See you there. I think the lack of other posts is a great sign. People aren't as crazy as we are!!! Might not be too bad. :thumbsup:

TinkiTime1989
04-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Debbie at MJ is booking our stay over Labor Day with free dining tomorrow morning so we'll be there too to celebrate my dad's birthday! Hopefully crowds will be minimal and we can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. :thumbsup:

CleveSJM
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Debbie at MJ is booking our stay over Labor Day with free dining tomorrow morning so we'll be there too to celebrate my dad's birthday! Hopefully crowds will be minimal and we can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. :thumbsup:

Sunday the 31st is an EMH night at MK. Should be a great time to accomplish a lot. Sleep in and go it all in the cooler evening/night.:thumbsup:

TinkiTime1989
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Sunday the 31st is an EMH night at MK. Should be a great time to accomplish a lot. Sleep in and go it all in the cooler evening/night.:thumbsup:

Awesome! I hadn't even thought about checking when EMH were as we usually stay offsite and have gotten used to not having that privilege. And seeing as that is our last night, we can make it last longer!:cloud9:

On a side note, how's the weather in late August/early September? We usually go in June.

CleveSJM
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Awesome! I hadn't even thought about checking when EMH were as we usually stay offsite and have gotten used to not having that privilege. And seeing as that is our last night, we can make it last longer!:cloud9:

On a side note, how's the weather in late August/early September? We usually go in June.

HOT!!! and humid. Plan to swim and cut through the AC as much as you can. 92 average high.

TinkiTime1989
04-09-2008, 09:13 PM
HOT!!! and humid. Plan to swim and cut through the AC as much as you can. 92 average high.

Sounds like June weather! Yay for sticky Florida summers. :fan:

smiles_rock
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I was there for 2 weeks last year starting Labor Day weekend. The crowds were reasonable, we did have to use fastpasses for a lot of rides though. It was extremely hot the entire trip but with the exception of AK I didn't find it too bad. Most of the rides are inside and air conditioned so you get a chance to cool off. Definately be prepared, drink lots of water and try to do things that are inside during peak sun hours. If you can take advantage of the evening EMH, do it! I know that MK is open 'til 3am the 31st! We're headed back to the ASMo Aug 26th-Sept 1st for the free dining too! Have a great trip!

KAJUNKING
04-10-2008, 01:44 PM
we'll be there as well, and have been there before on labor day, the crowd s were not bad, but clear up a lot after labor day, but we will be there till 3 am that sunday before labor day! woo hooo :mickey:

LauraF
04-10-2008, 03:24 PM
We checked in right after Labor Day during Free dining last year and it was DEAD in the parks for most of the week. It only got busy later in the week (Friday) when the HM reopened from refurb.

However the air was just about chewy even though it wasn't too warm - only about 90-95 degrees. It was worse after the thunderstorms.

grumpypima
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Awesome!
See you there. I think the lack of other posts is a great sign. People aren't as crazy as we are!!! Might not be too bad.

I did it, CleveSJM!! After reading all the posts, I think we are going to have a great time!!

CleveSJM
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I did it, CleveSJM!! After reading all the posts, I think we are going to have a great time!!

Awesome. I think the EMH sunday night will be nice and cool! Sleep in, pool, sleep some more, get there around 4-5 and party like a rock star until 3am!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2008, 12:16 AM
We were there last year for Labor day and it wasn't that busy. I am used to going in July though. Even on Labor Day itself I didn't think it was that busy.

PrincessTracie
04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
We are going to be there 8/27-9/7! WOOHOO!! We usually go during the end of sept. but it conflicted with work schedules so we had to bump it up. Do you think we will notice a huge difference in crowds then when we usually go?? I know it will be hot, as it always is when we go but its always worth it!

We have gone during Christmas time before and on Christmas day the parks were unbearable!! In fact the MK closed at like 11:00 AM to the public!!! How do you think the crowds will be on Labor Day weekend in comparison???

CleveSJM
04-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I think we'll be ok with moderate crowds. Not too many people posting so I take that as a good thing.:thumbsup: