PDA

View Full Version : Best Excursons for 4-Day Wonder?

Dixie Springs
04-09-2008, 06:25 AM
DW & I are finally going to go :joy: - for our 25th anniversary (a year late). We are booked on the Wonder 4-day, with 2 Castaway Cay stops this May. Any advice on best/worst excursions?

Dixie Springs
04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey - I'm replying to myself (have to get rid of the "0"). I've done some research here and on other forums - sounds like Nassau is okay for a little shopping & the pirate's musem, but the best stuff is on Castaway Cay (which is good because we'll be there twice!). No peddlers on Castaway Cay posing as actual tour guides.

I also read that dolphin encounters are better at Discovery Cove than the offerings on the cruise. We may try that, as we are going to Orlando a couple of days early.

Any other questions about excursions, just let me know ;)

I have a Palo question, but I'm going to research that one the same way, rather than take up a post spot.

ElenitaB
04-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry we weren't around to answer your question today.

We've preferred our Nassau day to enjoy a relatively empty ship. We're saving a trip to a pirate museum for when we go to Key West on a 7 day Western.

TammiMcMan
04-12-2008, 09:58 AM
If you like snorkeling, that's probably best done with a Nassau excursion. They take you out into much deeper waters and you see a larger variety of fish. Castaway Cay is fine for snorkeling, especially beginners, but you want to be sure to schedule time there earlier in the day. The waters tend to get cloudy as more people kick up the sand.

Discovery Cove is so much better than the Dolphin Excursion. I believe that if you book the excursion through DCL, you're only allowed to interract a bit with the Dolphins, while Discovery Cove allows you time to actually swim with them.

Considering you aren't technically going to have a sea day to simply enjoy the ship, I would stay on board at Nassau. I've been there enough times though, that we sort of know what's there anyway.

Dixie Springs
04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks - great tips!

RobWreck
04-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I think the best excursion we did at Castaway Cay was either the Stingray encounter or the jetski ecological tour. It was ALOT of fun jetskiing out to the sandbar and pretty cool getting a little history lesson while standing out in what feels like the middle of the ocean.
As for Nassau, I'd highly recommend the pirate museum. It's quite a bit different than the one in Key West (both were alot of fun, just very different exhibits).
Rob