PDA

View Full Version : What not to miss at Boma?

Young@Heart
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
We finally decided on our final ADR-Boma! :mickey: I'm super-excited about it. I found great online photos of all the food and it looks really good. Probably a little adventurous for us, but we're willing to try new things. ;)

What should we be sure not to miss while visiting AKL? When dining there, are we able to go to the observation area and view the animals? Thanks for any info from those who have eaten here. :mickey:

Natazu
04-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Zebra Domes. No trip to Boma or Mara is complete without Zebra Domes.

At AKL, relax for a few minutes and take in the lobby. The architecture is amazingly detailed.

You can go to the observation areas anytime. In addition, at night, there is an area you can go to where the CMs will let you spot game using night vision. Ask any AKL CM for details.

SBETigg
04-09-2008, 07:09 AM
The soups at Boma are all delicious. I recommend starting with the soups and then moving on. Our plan was to try a little taste of everything, but we filled up before we made it far so we plan a future repeat trip. I loved the salmon, the prime rib, the curried coconut seafood stew, but there's just so much to mention. Save room for dessert. The zebra domes were okay, but not quite as great as I expected. The banana bread pudding was really good. Enjoy!

Goofeygal
04-09-2008, 07:48 AM
The Butter Nut Squash soup is a not miss at Boma along with the Zebra Domes.

IloveDisney71
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
I also loved the butternut sqaush soup and there was some type of crab(or other seafood) soup that was really good too.
The prime rib was wonderful.
I loved the zebra domes and the upside-down pineapple cheesecake. YUMMY!!!
We tried a lot of new things and liked most of them.

sillydisneymommy
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Coconut Curried Chicken Stew!!!! There are so many wonderful foods at Boma, but that one is a can't miss! We crave it so much after we leave that I usually make it at home once or twice a month, which is not a simple task. It is never as good as having it prepared for you at Boma! I'm getting hungry... We love the zebra domes, but they are definitely different and probably not everyone would love them. Pretty strong dessert!:thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I enjoyed the Bobotie and the paw print brownies......I could make a meal of just those two things!! Zebra domes were ok, but not as good as the brownies IMHO.

If you think something is too adventurous, don't worry,.....there is always the kids area with mac & cheese and chicken fingers and a few other things.....plus there is some semi "normal" food on the regular buffet too!

Tick-Tock
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Try the flavored hummus (three different kinds) with flatbread.

MMouse6937
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I like the Bobotie too...really good. My DH and Dad liked the BBQ ribs, sauce was spicy but they really liked the flavor.

The thing I'm definately making more room for this year is the desserts. They're WONDERFUL!! I have never seen such a selection of different things to try and 99% of it was delicious. Save room for dessert!

As far as the AKL, it is absolutely beautiful. Spend some time taking in the beauty of the lobby. It is absolutely breathtaking! The gift shop had some really interesting things to look at too that I didn't see elsewhere.

Have fun, Boma is a wonderful place inside of a wonderful place!! :thumbsup:

pox24
04-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Zebra Domes:thumbsup:

dra_rosie_k
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Other than Zebra Domes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bobotie is excellent as are the soups. To be adventurous I would recommend the watermelon rind salad. Different, but tasty. :D

They will give you recipes if you ask for them, BTW.

Belle_0717
04-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Have a little of everything. That is what DH and I did. Get one plate each - hit different spots on the buffet. When you find something you want more of, go back for another plate.

Definitely Zebra domes, Bobotie, hummuses and the Butternut Squash soup!

kathiep
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
The chocolate mousse is to die for :cloud9::cloud9:

Young@Heart
04-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks, everyone! :mickey:
We're so excited to try Boma. I've read lots of great reviews here in the past 2 years, and since we just couldn't decide on anything at DHS, I figured we'd give Boma a shot. We've got an early ADR, so we can always head back to DHS if we feel we need to. I really think we'll be happy with this choice.

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
The soups at Boma are all delicious. I recommend starting with the soups and then moving on. Our plan was to try a little taste of everything, but we filled up before we made it far so we plan a future repeat trip. I loved the salmon, the prime rib, the curried coconut seafood stew, but there's just so much to mention. Save room for dessert. The zebra domes were okay, but not quite as great as I expected. The banana bread pudding was really good. Enjoy!

Absolutely - take a small portion of everything that looks good and then go back and get the things you really like. I thought the zebra domes were excellent but would skip them to get more of the soups! One of the best salads I've ever had was this Watermelon Rind Salad there. TO DIE FOR!!:thumbsup:

Jared
04-10-2008, 05:18 PM
The soups at Boma are all delicious.
The soups are insanely good. I could make an entire meal just sampling all of them. Definitely make sure to try a little of at least one or two soups because they are actually amazing.

joonyer
04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
When we were there, they had "African Flank Steak BBQ", cooked over open flame. Don't know if they are still serving this, but if you are a meat eater, you'll love it. Delicious.

PlutoToo
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
We've never been to Boma, so I can't help you there. But I've read hat there is an evening story telling session during the evening. You may want to check out

Pop Centurion
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree. Try a little of everything then go back for what you like best. If they have it, make sure you try the Mulligatawny Soup. It's very addictive :thumbsup:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
The ZEBRA DOMES are amazing and all of those delicious soups are top notch.. You can't go wrong with any of it.:thumbsup: