PDA

View Full Version : Laugh Floor

turkeyleg
04-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Can someone explain this attraction to me? Is it new? I have not been to WDW in two years.

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Its very cute! The characters from Monsters Inc put on this kind of comedy variety show and interact with the audience! Its very silly and every show is slightly different. While your standing in line you will be given an opportunity to give a joke via cell phone that may be used in the show along with your name and home town! We love this attraction.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Fun if you like the interactive thing. CM's walk around with microphones, and guests from the audience are featured with funny captions on the big screen. :wave: Welcome to Intercot, by the way!

Pirate & Princess Mom
04-09-2008, 12:05 AM
We saw the show in November and my kids loved it. I know its a "must see" for our next trip. :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
It is very cute! We love it and do it more than once each time we go to MK. My little one got to be on the screen during the last part and she was cracking up and having a great time talking to the "monster."

cal5755
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Another fun interactive show with your monsters inc friends. It is very funny and for our family it is a must do on the kids list. I confess when mom and I went for super soap weekend we went by ourselves too :mickey: I say try it at least once!

GrumpyFan
04-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/newtomorrowland/laughingfloor/default.asp)

It's fun/silly, worth seeing at least once. Just watch out for "That Guy". :haha:

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Its a funny show- worth going to - very dry sense of humor but my kids love it-
Each time its a little different.

They do make fun of someone in the audience, but its all harmless.

Definitely worth going to

Belle619
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
:ditto: Yes, this was a very cute attraction.

I had read some negative reviews before I had seen it, so I went in not expecting much. However, we (two adults) really enjoyed it. The quick, on the spot humor that they are able to create with the audience was impressive. :funny:

phillydan
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
It's a great, interactive show. The jokes are corny, but it's good clean fun. My daughter was picked for a certain part and it absolutely made her day. We didn't do this, but you can actually text jokes to the cast prior to show starting and they will have a monster tell them duroing the show (assuming they are accepted).

beksy
04-10-2008, 03:27 PM
:mike:My sister (19) and I (25) both loved it and went to see it serveral times. I even got picked to interact the last time we were there! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Give it a try and see what you think but like a previous poster said, watch out for "that guy" :silly:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-10-2008, 07:49 PM
He's treating everyone to churros!!!

DakotaDisney
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Fun show! Funny and creative! Worth seeing more than once.

Basically it is and improv show that is safe and appropriate for all ages. But instead of human actors on the stage, the improv actors are performing through computer animated characters. There is also some parts that are prerecorded with Mike Wasowski (voiced by Billy Crystal). They also pick people from the audience and put them on screen and talk live to some.

I saw the show 5 times over 3 days and the first 3 times I went (twice on one day and then once on another) I was chosen to be on screen. (Churro guy, asked to dance and interviewed about where I was from).

Mousemates
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Its like Turtle Talk with Crush for grown-ups.

CaptSmee
05-28-2008, 12:41 AM
I know it's an upgrade from Turtle Talk, but I thought it was much more amusing.

SoaringDisney
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Yes my daughter is still waiting for that guy to buy her a churro!

jonahbear2006
05-29-2008, 03:30 PM
They will pick people in certain areas of the audience to put on the large screen tvs in front of you and these people will be boo,scully, mike, and rizz. They will form a short story about these people while the chosen ones are given a chance to act up for the camera. There is also some jokes done and as was said, you can text in a joke before the show to add in. This is suppose to be the newest technology at disneyworld so there are no video cameras allowed but is a lot of fun and usually there is no line for it.

SoaringEpcot
05-30-2008, 11:45 AM
My dad was the Churro guy last time. He had people all over the park asking him if he was the Churro guy.

Ribeyespud
06-01-2008, 11:44 AM
My wife & I went to the Laugh Floor during a Pirate and Princess party and had a blast. We are 44 and 42 and found it fun for all ages. I got to be "randal" in a skit and we even sat very close to "That Guy":)

kbean
06-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Like everybody has said, it's a must do. The funnier the people inthe crowd are, the better the show. I only been to one show where it was ok because some of the people picked to interact with were shy. But other times it was a blast because the audience were characters themselves.

elmjimmlm
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
It is great if you are not afraid of others making fun of you...I know that we will do it again...

SpecJoe Magic
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM

That was me on my most recent trip. I expected to get picked on because I'm 6'9'' tall and was wearing a very colorful WDW hawaiian-style shirt that made me stand out even more than usual. One of the monsters came out and said, "At least his generosity is better than his fashion sense.":D If you want to get picked on, wearing an outfit to draw attention to yourself increases your chances of being a part of the show.

I was unsure about this attraction when it first opened, but I now think it's a great addition to the park. The interaction with the audience is a double-edge sword. If they pick people who are willing to play along, then it can be a lot of fun, but they sometimes pick people who end up being too shy or grumpy to participate.

Laughin' place
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
We went in with lowish expectations, even tho I love Monsters, Inc. First time there, I took my sons (15,14,13, 11), and they were....less than enthused. By the end of the show, we were all laughing hard and ready to bring DW back. It isnt quite as funny the second time around (as certain parts of the show are "reused"), but we all really liked it and would consider it a "must see"
signed, the churro guy :D

DisneyOtaku
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM

My friends and I went in December and one of our jokes to this day among ourselves is wondering when we're finally going to get our churros. Our other friends just look at us like we're insane ;)

As for the original post, I highly recommend seeing it at least once on your trip. It's a very cute and funny show, IMO.

Maleficent's Dad
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
If they pick people who are willing to play along, then it can be a lot of fun, but they sometimes pick people who end up being too shy or grumpy to participate.
Great point!
I was picked as "That Guy," and although I'm not grumpy, I'm certainly not one who loves the center of attention... :blush: So I did play along, but inside, I wasn't overly happy about being chosen.

Oh, and believe me, I have learned to choose my seats wisely in trying to not be picked - they get people from all over the audience much to my chagrin!!!

minnie1956
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM
We did this for the first time! We just got back last night. My hubby was picked as
"that guy" What a hoot! He doesn't generally like to "be made fun of" at all, but this was so harmless, he even laughed. A lot.
I would recommend it to anyone.

Bulldawg
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
I liked it, even though they didn't use my two texted jokes. One was serious and meant for kids:

Why didn't the pony sing in a choir? He was a little hoarse....

The other was a bit more sarcastic (so I sent it from my wife's phone; Disney knows all.....):

Why does it rain in Florida? So Disney can sell $8 ponchos.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
:tigger: GREAT INTERACTIVE SHOW FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS ALIKE...WITH OR WITHOUT THE KIDS I WOULDN'T MISS A SHOW...EACH ONE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT...AND BE SURE TO KEEP AN "EYE OUT" FOR "THAT GUY"...YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU SEE THE SHOW...ENJOY :mickey: AND BY THE WAY :welcome: TO INTERCOT! :balloon:

Imagineer1981
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
its good...once

BraddyB
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Is there somewhere you need to sit or do to be "that guy" I dont know what "that guy" is but I wanna be him. My friends want me to do an open mic night so I am sure I can handle the teasing.

Give me some suggestions...plus I love Mikey W

stitcherbelle
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes, the laugh floor is new for about a year i think maybe less! It is like turtle talk with crush! It makes up a story sometimes and tells jokes! It is cute and funny at the same time!:clown::alien::angel: