PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Pickup Question

LM0601
04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi!

For those of you who have used Disney's Magical Express in the past, on the return to the airport on the day of check out, how many hours before your flight did they pick you up. Also, do they give you a time that you must be on the bus?

Our flight leaves Orlando at 3:40 PM. We were just wondering how early they will pick us up. We wanted to plan a large breakfast or an early lunch on that day.

Thanks!

BelleBeauty
04-08-2008, 06:34 PM
It is usually 2.5 - 3 hours before your scheduled flight. They will slip a piece of paper under your door the night before you check out, to let you know when you need to meet the bus at your resort.

I would plan on being able to do a breakfast that day. They will probably pick you up sometime between 12:30 and 1. :mickey:

Piglet822
04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Pickup time is approximately 3 hours before your flight - what resort are you staying at? I can tell you the pickup times for that hotel.

Taja
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I was told DME would be at the pick-up location 3 hours prior to flight time, but to be ready with my luggage 15 minutes prior to that.

The DME bus arrived a little early, and everyone and their luggage was on board and en route to MCO by the scheduled pick-up time. :thumbsup:

LM0601
04-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Jeanne,

I have my airfare as it was a special. I do not have my hotel booked yet because I just became a Travel Agent and I am waiting for my ID card. I get an awesome rate as a TA, however, they want me to fax my CLIA ID card. I do not have it yet. Once I get it, I will book whatever is available. Our choices are:

1 - Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk
2 - Coronado Springs
3- Animal Kingdom
4- CBR

I sure hope I can get the Beach Club Studio. This will be the first time we are not driving and since it is a short trip, we are not renting a car.

TheMartellFamily
04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
We were given 3 hours prior to our flight leaving.

thumperbug
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
The pick up times are 3 hours prior to flight for domestic and 4 hours for international. During busier times they may extend those times as sometimes they stop at multiple resorts for additional pick ups. While 3 hours may seem a long time, you have to allow for the approx 30 min drive to the airport, check in and wait on the dreaded security line. By the time this is all done and you get to your gate, it won't be a long wait for boarding.