PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about the Contemporary?

ltam16
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be there 1 week from tomorrow!!! I am so excited. We are staying in the tower with MK view!!

Any things I should check out while I am there?

Friend of Figment
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
What do I love about the Contemporary?

Everything!

It's nice to ride the boat over to Wilderness Lodge.
The coffee bar in the lobby is a favorite.
The in room computer is fun.
You can walk to MK which is nice.
Riding the monorail from your hotel is great.

ENJOY!

antnyh
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Everything that Figment said plus the fact that I just love technology. I feel like I have just been transported into the future when arriving. Although the main reason for me has to be the fact that is where me and my family always stayed when I was little. It holds soooo many memories for me.

:thumbsup:

doodleboy
04-09-2008, 08:55 AM
All of the things stated above are true for me as well, but there is on thing that makes me want to stay there all the time. Walking out of MK after fireworks and just being able to walk back to my resort and wind down after a long day. Oh yeah, and knowing that I don't have to wait an hour to catch a ferry, monorail, or bus back to my room.

KylesMom
04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Walking out of MK after fireworks and just being able to walk back to my resort and wind down after a long day. Oh yeah, and knowing that I don't have to wait an hour to catch a ferry, monorail, or bus back to my room. Isn't that the best?!!!

I also love the size of the rooms, being able to see Tomorrowland by looking out the window, shopping at Bayview Gifts (the best shop of all the resorts imo) and hearing the energy of Chef Mickey's all the time. Truly a wonderful resort! :mickey:

DawsonAR
04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Things we love:
View
Transportation
Walkway to MK
Computers in the Room

sloslo
04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
The best thing is the location. You can walk to MK or monorail to MK. The monorail to EPCOT does require a transfer. The only park that goes directly from the monorail hotels is MK, the rest you must transfer. Another thing I like is the restaurants such as Chef Mickey's.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
When we stayed here it was good and I enjoyed alot of the same things that the others have said. I think for me it is all about nostalgia. I remeber being a young kid (my Parents took me every year from the time I was 2. I am 34 and I have continued this tradition with my children) and visiting MK and riding the monorail. Everytime the monorail went through the CR I thought how cool would it be to stay here!

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 11:11 AM
The best water sports area in the park !!!!!

busterthebronco
04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
the monorail going right into the lobby.
the only place where you step off and get on the elevator to go up to your room!

Disnamic Duo
04-09-2008, 12:46 PM
What a great place to stay - you'll love it. And you'll be so glad you got the MK view room. Our favorite thing is lying in bed and periodically, throughout the night glancing over at the castle to see what color it has changed to! It did prevent us from getting a good nights sleep, but it was worth it!

Other than that, the closeness to MK, the monorail to MK & EPCOT, the restaurants, the great room, free internet, and many other things already mentioned.

Enjoy it!

KH
04-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Ditto Disnamic Duo's post. When we stayed there we left the window drape open and the view of the castle with it's muted nighttime colors was wonderful. Have a great time!

WriteDisney
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I've never stayed there (but that doesn't mean I don't want to in the future... or don't love it!)...

I love taking the monorail through it. Something about it just feels so completely magical and disney. I think it was because of my memories of going through it as a child. I just thought it was completely amazing and its something that always stayed with me :thumbsup:

I also love Concourse.. the atmosphere there is really cool.. it was fun watching the monorail go by.. LOVE it! :cloud9: I'll miss it when its gone...

Have a great time!

Von-Drake
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Memories!
This was the place we stayed when my family first started going to Disney. Now, it is a must see every time I have been back since. The whole atmosphere is just one thing I love about it. My most recent stay there was in 2002 (Garden Wing). I so want to go there and stay in the Tower section again. This is now our hotel of choice when we just want a little quiet time out of the Magic Kingdom, for our son to have a little down time, or just relax and have a drink at the concourse bar. Watching the monorail go through playing games trying to pick the color of the next one coming through.

ibrowse17
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
While we have never stayed there, we go through it every trip. I really enjoy sitting on the boat dock at night waiting for the boat to FW. The lights and the view from there is wonderful, and it also provides a nice bit of peace from the crowds.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
For me it mostly just brings back memories from when we stayed there as kids(74' and 80'). I know its changed over the years since then but it was so magical and amazing as kids! We are still kids at heart, but you know what I mean. The monorail rules!:mickey: