PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Denver, CO?

mjstaceyuofm
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Me and two of my buddies are heading to Denver, CO for the weekend to watch the NCAA Hockey tournament this weekend. We all graduated from Michigan in the early 90's and are looking forward to seeing the Maize and Blue (hopefully) win a historic 10th title.

Michigan earned its way to the frozen four a week and a half ago which set this all in motion. We rented a 3 bedroom condo about 1.5 miles from downtown, booked airfare, rented a car and nabbed some tickets from ebay all in a few days time. Not cheap to do things at the last minute - but should be fun.

Anyway, the games are Thursday and Saturday. I'm looking for suggestions to keep ourselves occupied on Friday - any thoughts?

Tick-Tock
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
What do you like?

Downtown area has --

Denver Mint
Denver Art Museum (the new extension is worth a look on its own, never mind the contents)
Colorado state capitol - nice dome, & one of the steps is exactly a mile high (it's marked)
Colorado History Museum
Downtown Denver Aquarium

Near downtown (mile or so east) is the Denver Zoo and the Nature & Science Museum

There are lots of bars and restaurants in LoDo (lower downtown, the western, more historic side of downtown)

With your car, you can head west to Golden (about 15-20 miles) and visit the Coors brewery - free tours and samples. Also Red Rocks ampitheatre and park is out that way, and Buffalo Bill's grave.

Have a great time here!

pink
05-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't know if you would be interested in this at all but the Denver Zoo was probally one of the best I've ever been to. :mickey: