PDA

View Full Version : My choices of places to eat next trip! Let me know what you all think!

honeebee86
04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
ok, so my boyfriend and I are planning a trip in Nov. 8-Nov. 13 (maybe until Nov.14) and this is what we've decided on for our dining choices. We've been to a lot of the top places that everyone likes and we wanted to try some new ones (we did keep 2 that we couldn't give up though!).Let me know what you all think and what kind of experiences you've had.

1. 'Ohana (one that we couldn't give up)
2. Chef Mickey's (another one we couldn't let go)
3. Cape May for the clam bake
4. Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch (never been)
5. Biergarten for lunch or dinner
6. Chefs de France for dinner

I'm so hungry now!

lightyearfan
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
looks like you have some good choices, for me and dw Ohana's is the best on the list, we love it at Ohana's so much that we will be opening and closing our upcoming trip with it.

Victor

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=honeebee86;1597276]
1. 'Ohana (one that we couldn't give up)
2. Chef Mickey's (another one we couldn't let go)
4. Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch (never been)
QUOTE]

I haven't done Ohana or Cape May Cafe, but DBF and I are planning on going their during our trip in Sept and they look good to us!

We tried Chefs de France last time and really liked it! Our wait staff was very attentive and the desserts were amazing!! DBF is more of a steak house guy though, so his favorite restaurants were Le Cellier, Yachtsman's Steakhouse and Concourse! But any food eatery in france has amazing desserts :cloud9:

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
They all look good to me! (i have not done the clam bake though) :mickey:

SBETigg
04-08-2008, 06:26 PM
The Biergarten atmosphere is really nice, like an old village at night, plus the oompah band makes for a fun time. The food, not my favorite, but there are some good things and plenty to choose from.

Chefs de France is a sentimental favorite. When it's good, it's very good, but the food and service can be uneven. Bright and lovely inside. I hope you enjoy all your choices and have a great time!

eyoreswife
04-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I noticed you are from maine, I havn't tried the clambake but i'm thinking it's gonna be tough to beat what you already have at home, we are staying at the beachclub and are leary of the clambake for that reason, is there anybody out there from new england who has tried it?:crab:

pdrlkr
04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
They look great!

luvdiznee
04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
We enjoyed Cape May very well. Ohana and Chef Mickey's were also good. Even though it seems a lot of mixed feelings on Ohana' I'm hoping it was as good as the last time we went. We plan on going there in September. :mickey:

honeebee86
04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
thank you all for your replies, I look forward to hearing more reviews. As far as being from Maine goes, I actually don't care for seafood that much (Cape May has things I would eat), but my bf likes it a lot. I thought we would try it for him and to do something out of the ordinary for me. But I am curious how it compares to New England clame bakes too!

Natazu
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
1. 'Ohana
This is a must-do each and every trip. We love it, no matter what the current incarnation of the menu.

2. Chef Mickey's
For a buffet, the food is quite good. The character interaction is ok, overall a good value.

I stand by the mussels and clams as far as quality and flavor, the other stuff on the line is good. The fish-of-the-day is can be a little hit or miss

4. Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch
I don't think it's a very good value but the thing is, you can't put a price on dining in the castle, nuff said.

Good stick-to-your-bones food. Good value and we always get a kick out of the kids up on stage with the oompah band.

This is the only place you have that I don't care for no matter how many times we "give it another shot". While they pull off their theme alright, the food just doesn't live up to the reputations of the recipe creators. It's not bad, but for the money, Bistro is better French food. In fact, the crepes cart out front is better French food. (see, no Cracker Barrel comparison)

RockinRollerMom
04-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I am from mass. and Cape May's clambake is a do not miss for us. The clams are melt in your mouth delicious. The clam chowder is just as good as I get at home.

LandFan
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
sounds great! We love O'Hana's too. We haven't tried Biergarten or the Clambake yet but we are looking forward to trying them in the future ourselves!

CRT - there is truly nothing like dining in the castle!