PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for DL test

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 02:13 PM
***OK the pixie dust and well wishes WORKED!! I got my NC Driver's License!! YAY!! :woohoo:

I'm SO relieved - this license doesn't expire until 2016!!! And I got my personalized NC License plate too! It has something to do with WDW!! LOL :mickey:

Thanks again for the pixie dust!! :thumbsup:

Hey y'all!

Well, I'm finally settled into living in Cary, NC. I had a good, safe, memorable trip up here. Passing through Atlanta was emotional for me b/c I used to live there for 4 years and that's where I was diagnosed with Crohn's. It was just emotional for me, but I'm in a MUCH better place here in N.C.!!

However, I need some major PIXIE DUST! I've failed the Driver's License test 2 times!!! I've studied the book over and over again and I'm just failing it!!:scratch: I've not taken a test since I was a teenager applying for my DL back in the day. I'm so frustrated and I feel like a complete idiot! I've heard that it's very hard and some of my family members up here have said they've failed too. When I saw the "YOU FAILED" flashing on the screen I was so upset!! :angry: I wanted to beat the computer!!:badpc:

I'm gonna go back, in the morning, to try AGAIN! All I can do is keep trying!!

On a good note: I helped my H.S. friend, who lives up here plan their WDW vacation last night!! :mickey3:

Goofeygal
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Good luck to you :pixie:

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh Monica, you have to take the driver's license test there? That stinks!! Well, here's some :pixie: to help you pass on your next effort. :thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes! If you're coming from out of state you must take a road signs test and a computer test on many, many things from driving in a rural area where there is farm equipment, to DWI laws and the penalties!! I'm a city girl, from New Orleans, I don't know a darn thing about farm equipment! LOL

Thanks for the pixie dust! I'm gonna go tomorrow and try again!

crazypoohbear
04-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Good Luck tomorrow. Relax and read everything twice. Some of those questions are designed to be tricky. Remember there is no time limit!
Oh and i think livestock have the right of way on all roadways :D

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Heres some pixie dust for you Im sure you will pass next time. :pixie:

and a big :welcome: to North Carolina! Youre right - Cary is pretty rural but then so is the rest of the state. Wait til you get stuck behind one of those tractors during "rush hour" :D

Good luck on your test!

RedSoxFan
04-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Good luck on your test. DS#3 will take his test next week for his learner's permit.

pdrlkr
04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
:pixie:

MauiMouse
04-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck Monica. You'll do fine tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Melanie
04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Good luck, Monica! I had to take it twice when I first got my license -- years ago! :D

Cary is pretty rural but then so is the rest of the state. Wait til you get stuck behind one of those tractors during "rush hour" :D

Funny how people look at things differently. I wouldn't really classify Cary as rural and there are certainly more places in the US that are much more rural to me! But yes, I've gotten stuck behind a tractor many times before. ;)

wdwgrl377
04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Good luck, Monica! I had to take it twice when I first got my license -- years ago! :D

Funny how people look at things differently. I wouldn't really classify Cary as rural and there are certainly more places in the US that are much more rural to me! But yes, I've gotten stuck behind a tractor many times before. ;)

Where I am currently living, in Cary it's building up big time!! I agree, there are much more rural areas to me too - even in the out skirts of New Orleans - way out skirts I mean! LOL

prprincess
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Don't feel like an idiot! When I moved out to CA in the late 80s I had to take their driver's test and I failed a few times as well. I'd been driving for 10 years at the time, but I think that it becomes second nature after a while, and the test questions get confusing.

GOOD LUCK!!!

wdwgrl377
04-09-2008, 01:41 PM
***OK the pixie dust and well wishes WORKED!! I got my NC Driver's License!! YAY!!

I'm SO relieved - this license doesn't expire until 2016!!! And I got my personalized NC License plate too! It has something to do with WDW!! LOL

Thanks again for the pixie dust!! :thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
YEAH for you. Congrats. And.... Drive careful!:mickey:

DizNee143
04-09-2008, 04:01 PM
wow...8 years?
in jersey you gotta go every 4..
congrats on passing!!! :mickey:

MauiMouse
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Congrats Monica! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Congratulations!!!!
I was going to send some pixie dust to you but I'm glad to see that you don't need it :mickey:

KineGirl
04-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I had to find out if you passed ( I knew you would!! ) so I searched out this thread. YAAYYYYYYY you did it!!! :party2:

Im going to try to get personalized plates when I renew in 2 months. I hope I get my WDW plates too!! :fingers: