PDA

View Full Version : new restaurants to try ?

homeschool mom
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
We are going to WDW in Sept. with free dining. We have been to WDW several times, but this will be the first time we will be eating a lot of our meals at the parks. We usually go very economically. We take our own snacks and share meals at counter service restaurants. I'm looking for recommendations on new restaurants to try. We don't like exocit foods or seafood. We are basically a meat and potatoes type family, but we do like Italian and Mexican. (We have eaten at San Angel) Also, my DH and DDs love steak, but I don't. Can you point us to a great place for steak that I can get a good non steak meal (preferrably chicken). Oh, and BTW, we want to stay in or at least close to the parks.
Thanks in advance.

jwallace378
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Le Cellier in Epcot, Narcoossee's in Grand Floridian.

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Le Cellier for steak (Canada/Epcot)
Oktoberfest - german sausages & such/buffet(Germany/Epcot)
Liberty Tree Inn (MK)
Tutta Italia (Italy/Epcot)
Tonys - Italian (MK)
Tusker House buffet w/ awesome rotisserie chix (AK)
Sci Fi - sandwiches & the BEST milkshakes (DHS)

Tygger7
04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Definitely check out Whispering Canyon at WL, Rose & Crown (Epcot), and Kona over at Poly.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-08-2008, 03:50 PM
My number one suggestion...

Ohana at the Poly...lots of meat and potatoes.
Oh, and did I mention bread pudding. :thumbsup: This is an awesome family style meal with fun activites for the kids. Coconut races, limbo, hula dancing, etc.

Another one of our favorites is Liberty Tree Tavern at MK for a character dinner meal. It's ham, turkey, flank steak, and thanksgiving type fixings.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be good, especially because it's freeeee. :D