PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Beach Club????

Welovejiminy!
04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I am interested in staying at either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club on my next trip to WDW? I love that they are close to Epcot and have visited them each briefly, but have never stayed. Any suggestions?

pox24
04-08-2008, 08:05 AM
They are equally great and convenient to Epcot. I prefer the BW because of its dining choices and nighttime activities. The BC is within a short walk of the same, buts its a little more quiet. If the pool is a big factor, then the BC is the place. Stormalong Bay is like a mini water park. Pretty much a toss up but I would chose the BW.:thumbsup:

doodleboy
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
They are equally great and convenient to Epcot. I prefer the BW because of its dining choices and nighttime activities. The BC is within a short walk of the same, buts its a little more quiet. If the pool is a big factor, then the BC is the place. Stormalong Bay is like a mini water park. Pretty much a toss up but I would chose the BW.:thumbsup:

We choose BC because of the pool. I have a three and a six year old that love the vaiety of Stromalong Bay. But I do agree that there are some great places to eat at BW. It really depends on the crowd you are traveling with.

TammiMcMan
04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I think it depends greatly on the group you are travelling with. BC is very popular with families, due in large part to the pool referenced above. BWI might seem a little more adult oriented. There's a large selection of restaurants and entertainment, however they aren't located within the resort itself. You have to walk outside for your dining options.

BWI puts you pretty much in the dead center between Epcot and Hollywood Studios (about a 10 minute walk to either). The walk from the BC to Epcot is under 5 minutes, but closer to 15-20 for Hollywood Studios.

mouseketeer mom
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
The resorts are close to one another but both have a very different feel to them. The Boardwalk is all about nightlife and becomes noisy and crowded in the eves. The restaurants are all outside on the Boardwalk itself. It also has a creepy clown pool:blush:..thats just a silly opinion, I know, but that clown!!;)
The Beach Club is laid back, very child friendly, and has Stormalong Bay which can't be beat.
The rooms are light and bright.
I think take inventory of your travelling group and chose based on that. If there's kids, the Beach Club can't be beat!

Tigerinvestigator
04-08-2008, 11:53 AM
IMHO the Boardwalk does not come close to the Beach Club. We think the Beach Club has better theming, a more relaxing feel, a little closer walking distance to Epcot, nicer rooms, and a far superior pool. Plus you can still enjoy the same restaurants by walking over to the Boardwalk.:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
04-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Both are great resorts.

Beach Club
1. Closer to EPCOT
2. Not as convenient to DHS
3. Character B'fast in the resort itself
4. SAB - very unique pool
5. Shared buses with YC
6. Marina is at YC
7. White sand beach
8. Good dining choices
9. Close enough to walk to BW at any time
10. BC Marketplace is GREAT place for a snack
11. "Self-Contained" resort as everything can be done without leaving the building

Boardwalk
1. Close to DHS - 10 minute walk from back of villas
2. Close to EPCOT - a 10 minute walk the other way
3. Nightly *free* entertainment
4. Very good restaurant choices
5. Good pool, but no SAB
6. Community Hall at quiet pool
7. No marina - it's over at the YC
8. Convenient ferry service
9. Close enough to BC that you could walk there
10. If it rains, it's a bummer as most of your options for dining & shopping force you OUTSIDE on the BW
11. Shared buses with Swan/Dolphin

Both places are really nice; you can't go wrong with either. The major differences are the layouts of the resorts, the pools, and the proximity to the parks (minor difference there). We do love that the BC is all inside of one building (think summer rain); but we love the nightly atmosphere of the BW...

DizNee143
04-08-2008, 12:26 PM
im more of a boardwalk girl!!! i LOVE that resort..its my favorite that i have stayed at so far!!! its sooo close to epcot..and pretty close to mgm..there is a great nightlife there..and if you get a room facing the boardwalk..its all the better..especially if you get an epcot view!! and you dont hear a thing in your room from the boardwalk...its just a great resort...but im sure youll be happy with whichever you pick!! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
We prefer BC, mostly because of the pool, the quiet, and the fact that it's closer to EPCOT (and we spend more time at EPCOT than we do DHS). There are some nice restaurants and evening entertainment spots at the Boardwalk, but they are a simple walk away from the BC - so you can enjoy them even if you stay at BC. That being said, you cannot go wrong with either.

Red Randal
04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
The Beach Club is a great resort. I chose it over Boardwalk because I know some people who have had bad experiences there and I was thrilled with my choice. It was literally a stone's throw from Epcot with an amazing pool, great dining, and still a very short walk to the Boardwalk for all the nightlife (without any of the noise.)

Pixie Power
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
We've stayed @ both and while I love both, my youngest DD will be the deciding factor in the future b/c she is afraid of the :clown: Slide @ the BWI. :laughing:

playdead88
04-09-2008, 06:02 AM
we have stayed at both and they are both awesome but if i had to make this decision i would choose beach club - heres why:

1. you can get to the activity of the boardwalk via a couple minute walk

2. stormalong bay at the beach club is so much fun

3. cape may character bfast inside the beach club

4. the beach! - we really liked sitting out at the beach in the evenings

either way you can't go wrong have a great vacation!! :mickey:

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 10:34 AM
They are both nice-
Both have good water slides in the pool and the access to Epcot and MGM are very convienient.

But i found that the BC is a lot better because-

there are alot of quiet areas- BW is pretty noisy
The pool is much more kid friendly. Plus there isnt food near the pool-
Better restaurants like Cape may( actually BW doesn,t have any inside the hotel, there are only the ones outside.- which are great but just as convienient if you ar in BC)
Beaches and cream is too good to pass up.
Its newer and in better shape.

Either way they are both good but BC would always win in my opinion