PDA

View Full Version : I will miss everyone in VMK, but we still have ICOT!

jeremyv
04-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Hiya pals and gals.. ooooh boy! hah ah! Ok, so my MM impression didn't come out so great in text, but I'm sure you know just how it would sound if you think about it.

I know I haven't been able to play much at all lately and many of you may have wondered where I've been. In fact, the few times I've had the chance to login, theres always one message asking me just that.

So out of the blue there grows :confused: when I check VMK and notice the newsletter had been updated.

With the events going on in my life and with my fiancee, we've been hard-pressed to find free time to be able to get online as often as we used to. We tried the big quest and really didn't do so well at that. Honestly, it was rather :sad: and frustrating with all the non-Disney related situations it presented to the game.

Then to read on, about how VMK is closing and Yavn of all people knew about this so much to say he was already moved and working on other projects? :plot: How evil is it to make this huge quest, getting everyone's expectations up, causing so many problems with those who couldn't finish, etc and then announce the closing. It really doesn't matter what their special surprise is as a VMK is closing gift; nothing could make up for that sort of... .. :shrug:

The biggest thing for me, and as many have been mentioning, is how we're going to miss all of our friends from the game. To be completely honest, VMK has changed my life in more ways than I think Disney could even realize and if certain VMK staff members weren't too busy :bubbles: they may have noticed just what it's done for people.

VMK itself may close, but everything everyone on ICOT has done for me in the past, and everything those who have been there for me along the way will never close in my memories. I will not forget what you have done for me, that is a promise. :dance:

Not too long from now I will be getting married, the biggest step in my entire life. The steps that have brought me to this point, I never thought I'd ever make, but I have.

The Herbie code I once found in a movie rental brought me to VMK. Everyone I met brought me to my fiancee, whom I know I will love for the rest of my life. There is no way I could ever forget any of this, no way, no how. :old:

Thank you for everything you've done for me, I don't know what I could do or say that would show my appreciation as much as it lives in my mind. You are the real ones who know the true meaning of Disney magic, and the true goals and intents of Walt himself. The magic will live on and on and on, as long as there is just 1 person who cares. Guess what? There will always be millions more than 1 who care about the magic of Disney.

:smickey: Yea.. and if I had sorcerer magic, oh the things that I would do ...

-- Jeremy

jjramsey
04-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Nice post Jeremy!

:cloud9: wishes for a happy marriage:thumbsup:

wizardmickey
04-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes Yes and Amen t'that!
Good luck as well to you and your fiancee!
It was coming here to INTERCOT that eventually led me down the path to VMK, and I think what he says is right; A LOT of us found each other here FIRST, not the other way around! When the gates are locked, we can eventually shake off our VMK withdrawls and get back on with life as it was when we all just read each others doing's and adventures right here!!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Hugs everybody! I'll miss you all too :D :pixie: for your marriage. :)

eelninoo
04-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Great post buddy. We won't forget u either and all the best on your new life with your princess.

Chescat
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
YoYo! We've missed you. Did you marry who I think you married? The girl that left the vmk pins in the snow on her door step for a week. :blush:

TinkRocks
04-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Wishing you a life full of peace, love, and happiness, Jeremy!

satchel01
04-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Sweetie, I love your use of smilies! I laughed my :oops: off reading your post.

You have a great memory Chescat! Yes, it is me the dork who got all mad at Disney for not sending me my VMK pins when they were buried in the snow all that time :blush:.

Even though I haven't had much time to spend in VMK lately, I will miss it. It is where Jeremy and I met and for that I will be forever grateful. But above all, we are Disney fans...we got engaged at WDW last May and will honeymoon in WDW this Sept. Hopefully we will be able to spend each anniversary there too :D (that's a hint honey, I hope you are :listen:).

So, we will continue hanging out on Intercot to plan and discuss our future Disney trips. I look forward to hearing all about all of yours too :mickey:!

Patricia
04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Aww.. what a nice story. I hadn't realized the two of you met in VMK. :hug:

I bet that makes an interesting dinner conversation with your future kids. :D