PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the 4 day cruise in January?

u2daisyblue
04-07-2008, 10:19 PM
I am so excited we just booked a 4 day disney cruise for Jan 25, 2009, :party: We have been on the 7 day and absolutely loved it but that one was in September. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect weather wise in January? Also, anyone know if the pirate ship still at castaway cay?

And I just want to say that I love MJ, Wendy is just fantastic :cheer:!!!! I am a bargain hunter and always love to get the best deal and I feel that is exactly what I am getting with MJ!

DisneyDudet
04-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I have not gone on a 4 day, but I did go on a 7 night in Jan. It was cool at Port Canaveral, plus the first day out, it could be cooler. The more south you go, the warmer it will be. It will be very comfortable once you hit the islands. Our day at CC was cool and windy, but only on Serenity Bay! We were miserable on the adult beach, but we went to the family beach, and there was no wind, so it was perfect! The water was cooler that we would have liked, but that didn't stop most of the families! The sun was out every day, so we had a wonderful time!

TammiMcMan
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
We've done a 4 day cruise the first week in January. Luckily for us, Florida was experiencing warmer than usual temps and it was quite comfortable the day we left the port. In fact, it was so nice, we opted to eat outside at the buffet. Our day in Nassau was again very beautiful, but Castaway Cay was chilly. The water temps were quite cool and we found that we didn't stay in the water as long as we normally would.

The 4 day cruise doesn't travel very far south, so I would be prepared for both warm and cool weather. Honestly, it could go either way.

Ed
04-08-2008, 10:37 AM
We did a three night cruise in Jan 07, and the weather could not have been much nicer. We went snorkeling in Nassau and spent the whole day on the beach at Castaway Cay. Water seemed warmer at CC than in Nassau, but neither location was uncomfortably cold. And we never needed sweaters or jackets on deck on the ship.

As for the pirate ship, the Flying Dutchman is still there, and likely will remain there until it falls apart. It was specifically built for the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, so it's unlikely they'll be using it for a movie again.