PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa and the 10% Discount

myhappyplace
04-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I have read in numerous post that you get a 10% discount if you use your Disney Visa card at most if not all stores at WDW.

I have one, and use it for everything. I put it up as my room card on my trip last May. I never recieved a discount. So my question (to anyone who would know) is will I actually have to keep my Visa card with me and use it daily to make my purchases to recieve this alleged discount.

As always thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

Beast_fanatic
04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
World of Disney at Downtown Disney is the only store that has had a Visa discount as far as I know, and I've had a card since the beginning. It's 10% off purchases over $25 (it does exclude some items, but nothing that I've bought has ever been excluded), and you just have to show your Disney Visa to get the discount - you don't actually have to use it (you can still charge to your room, which is what I do so it stays on the same bill).

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Beast is correct - only WoD gives the discounts. No other merchandise location will give it out. I know for a fact that the Emporium doesn't.

I will say that this seems to be a common misconception.

PirateLover
04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I will say that this seems to be a common misconception.

I think that is because it is a bit over hyped by the credit card literature as one of the "perks." I can specifically remember reading one of my leaflets last year, and it said "10% in select stores at Walt Disney World Resort" or something of that nature that led one to believe that it was more than one place. However, when I went on to read the fine print, I realized that World of Disney was the only applicable store.

Tigger&Stitch
04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Kind of unrelated, but the discount also applies to tours, such as Keys to the Kingdom. :mickey: