PDA

View Full Version : EEEK! Leave in 4 days - worried about crowds!

swampfox28
04-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Okay, I'm a nutcase!

Another kind Intercoter told me about a month ago what the projected crowd rate would be on the dates of our trip (April 11-15 with the 12, 13, and 14 in the parks and the 1st and last days as travel days). However it's been a month and I'm just freaking out!

I'm taking my best friend from high school (and by the way, I'm in my 30's, not 19 or so, even though I might sound like it!) who has *NEVER BEEN* to WDW. She's moving abroad in a few months and has ALWAYS wanted to see Epcot. I needed to bring her to WDW before she goes, right?!?!

It feels SO decadent because it's a NO KIDS trip (SSHHH! Don't tell - we'd NEVER be forgiven!) as it's much cheaper and less stressful for such a short trip.

But now they're projecting rain on Saturday... and I'm worried (again) about spring break crowds, etc.

Could someone who has some info (hopefully GOOD news!) chime in and make me feel better... PLEASE?!?!

THANKS!!!

-Sarah

irish1967
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Sarah - practice deep breathing...in...out...in...out

You are going to WDW - if it rains, they sell ponchos if it is crowded, use fast pass and just enjoy spending time with a great friend. You will have a great time!

That is really what it is all about!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-07-2008, 10:19 PM
A rainy day at the Magic is better than a rainy day at work, right?! Have a great time!!:wave:

Tinkerfreak
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Well here in the north our spring break is not until the week of April 20th. It is sort of later this year and Easter was early so I have been hearing that the crowds have been more spread out and steady instead of that one week around Easter being insanly crowded. Maybe this means you will luck out and be in and out before us Northerners head south.
Good luck and I hope you have a great trip. It rained when we went in Nov. for a few days but we still loved it because it really emptied out the parks.

Kidsmom
04-08-2008, 02:28 PM
We leave tomorrow and will be down there at the same time.

Weather.com says it will be scattered thunderstorms. that usually means, if we see anything it will be short lived. I have been before when that was the forecast and it never rained.

I believe Sat. night is showers so that hopefully will be the worst, while we are sleeping.

The rest of the days look beautiful...

If it does pour...tour the countries with cocktails (inside!) What a great way to send her off!

swampfox28
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks, guys!

I know - ANY day at WDW is better than one not there, so BREATHE~ was good advice!

Thanks for the crowds info update; I'm hoping that we will "luck out". I wish I knew how to find out how that person who PM'ed me the projected crowd info even KNEW what she did; I tried google and came up with nothing.

Oh I hope you're right about mostly rain on Sat. night; that doesn't sound TOO bad...

I guess ideally I'd like cool (not too hot) weather, low crowds, and no rain.

HA! Like everyone else doesn't want that, too!!!

Okay, I'll chill a bit... (or more accurately, I'll TRY!!):D

-Sarah

disneygal4ever
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Sarah - where in Louisiana are you from?

Just Tom
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
We are going the exact same time, but a bit longer. The website that projects crowds has every day a 7 or 8 out of 10, which isn't too bad compared to the previous weeks which were 10s. Most of New York state has break the week between the 12th and 19th along with some other nearby states. I have no concerns about the weather. April is the driest month of the year in Florida, so most rain will pass quickly.

swampfox28
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Tom -

Somehow I missed that about April - that's good to know!!

As for where I'm from in LA, Linda - I lived most of my life in New Orleans, but was born in cajun country/Acadiana (which is also where I live now). I miss many things about N.O. - but not everything!! ;)