PDA

View Full Version : AKL Pool View

reeders4
04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
My family and I have decided to stay at the AKL in September and I am going to book a pool view room as this is more reasonable and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this section of the resort before and what you liked and disliked about this section of the resort.

mouseketeer mom
04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
We stayed at the AKL concierge deluxe room last year with a Savannah view. I know I am probably in the minority here, but in the future I would book a pool view. Here's why- We barely saw animals from our room. Some birds walking around mostly, a mooing type of animal in the distance, and once we got lucky at feeding time and saw giraffe eating. Other than that, lots of dirt and grass and service trucks. However, each time we were walking thru the hallways and believe me, we had a hike and a half thru those hallways, we saw tons of animals thru the bea-u-ti-ful large windows that were everywhere. It was terrific. And our room was so dark that we weren't really hanging out there. It was especially refreshing to see that beautiful pool area thru the big windows too. What a terrific contrast to the darkness of the resort. We loved the pool area. It was so very pretty. So, in the future, I would book a pool view. It was stunning. I would leave the animal watching to the many, many other areas of the resort that you could view them. There is no shortage of places to see the animals. You will love your pool view.

xipetotec
04-08-2008, 09:28 AM
My family and I have decided to stay at the AKL in September and I am going to book a pool view room as this is more reasonable and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this section of the resort before and what you liked and disliked about this section of the resort.

We were in a pool view, not by request, but regardless, it was a beautiful view and we were happy with it.

Tigerinvestigator
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
People think we are crazy because we request a pool view every time we stay at the AKL. Don't care to watch the animals, would rather have a view of the oasis. We will be there in 33 days sitting on our balcony!:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
04-08-2008, 12:55 PM
We have stayed in both room types. We have always had alot of animals right outside of our balcony and we love it but we love the poolview rooms being so close to Mara and Boma. We loved not having to walk forever to go get a snack. We booked a pool view for our next trip and figure we can go sit in a viewing area to see the animals when we want to.

RedSoxFan
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
We stayed in 2 pool view rooms when we were there. I loved it and would pick that view again. Outside our room was a huge picture window and we viewed the animals from there. It's a great resort. Enjoy.:mickey: