PDA

View Full Version : Can I switch to MJ?

chicklittlemom
04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Okay, this may sound Goofy :goofy2: :D , but can I switch an existing reservation that was made with WD Travel Co., over to MJ? The OCD planner in me likes to handle everything myself. But after a few phone calls to WD Travel, I'm a little frustrated. I just want to talk to the same person! I get different answers each time I ask questions.....We have a Grand Gathering #, so I have called a few times trying to arrange things (I've become the DDP (designated Disney Planner) for the group.
I know MJ is probably really busy since Free Dining was just announced, but is this possible? If so, would this be too much of a hassle for them? Don't want to be a problem :blush:
And MJ, if this isn't possible, I'm contacting you first next time!
TIA

Tink1
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes, you can transfer reservations that are made directly with WDW travl or WDW DRC to us.

This is a few day process however.

We would need you to fill out a form on our website and put that you want to transfer a res to us. You get assigend an agent. Then we send you a different form for you to sign giving us permission to represent you, and take over your res. Then we send the form into Disney.

Nanc

mickeys_princess_mom
04-07-2008, 09:47 PM
We did this for our December trip last year (switched over), and were very pleased! Thanks again, Terrisue!:wave:

TBY2225
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Nanci, what are you doing at work? I thought you were on vacation!

chicklittlemom, you will be very pleased with MJ!

Tygger7
04-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I originally made my reservations through WDW directly, and then had them transferred to MJ after reading all the great things about them on Intercot. Best decision I ever made...Terrisue has been fantastic. I'll never book any other way now...I'm spoiled. :mickey: It's very easy to have the reservation transferred, so no worries.

Tink1
04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Nanci, what are you doing at work? I thought you were on vacation!

chicklittlemom, you will be very pleased with MJ!

I am typing from the Disneyland hotel. Arrived Sunday and was up at 3:30 am for the release of the Disney Visa Discount. While on vacation, we would love to say "oh it can wait", but it does not work that way. Our clients needs come first, then we get to play.

It is 56 degrees in Anaheim, nice cool morning. The hotel is very nice, the grounds are groomed and Magical. Parks are a bit busier than anticipated, bt workable none the less. Currently, my son and his friend are off doing the Segway Tour at DCA.

(and so concludes my trip report)

Nanc

magicjasb
04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I am a little confused. We are travelling to Disney in June. I had called WDW directly, a few months ago, and put a room on hold with AAA. I then contacted MJ when I was trying to switch it from a water view room to a standard. I had read so many positive things that I figured MJ could try and change my room versus me calling everyday to wait for a room opening. I was told that because I already had a room on hold, I should keep it. That MJ could not get a better rate and it couldn't be switched. I was very disappointed. So, needless to say, I have spent the time calling myself, to get the discounts when they open. Maybe someone could clarify the policy for me?:mickey:

Tink1
04-08-2008, 10:46 PM
It all depends on how it i held if we can take it over. There are times it is actually in your best interest not to transfer to us. We make that call on an individual basis though. If you private message me your email i can look up and check.

Nanci