PDA

View Full Version : Boat from MK to FW

BluewaterBrad
04-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey gang! I need some help. How often do the boats run on the MK to FW route? Also, is it a predictable timed route( like the Riverboat from the TTA to MK)? We are going to Hoop Dee Doo on our upcoming trip and thought a bus from ASMu to MK and then the boat to FW would be a fun transportation plan. We have the 7:15 show. What would a good time to leave the resort be? Thanks for the help!!:mickey:

DestinationWDW
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
We always use this route and we always give ourselves and hour from the MK boat launch. If you reach the boat launch just as the boat leaves it can be 20 minutes before another boat arrives, plus depending upon the route you may have a stop at Wilderness lodge. This also depends on how crowed MK is. Don't worry if you get there early, they have a play-ground for the kids and in the Disney spirit, you can even have your photo take in front of Pioneer Hall which they then deliver to your table during the show. Of course there’s a small fee if you wish to purchase. We did arrive late one time before they changed to tiered seating. We actually had to sit way in the back but in my opinion it was still great. Plus we were the first ones out.

Tygger7
04-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Personally, I'd leave ASM no later than 6pm to catch the 7:15pm HDDR. Better to have some time to kill than to be rushed.

KylesMom
04-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Personally, I'd leave ASM no later than 6pm to catch the 7:15pm HDDR. Better to have some time to kill than to be rushed.
I agree - we've seen some very upset guests trying to get to HDD from the MK launch shortly before the show was to begin. In one situation, it got pretty ugly when the boat captain suggested that WL would be the first stop. There is no "time" schedule set for the launch.

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks you guys!! I was planning and leaving at 5:30 anyway. Thanks again for the help!!:mickey: