PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted extras w/free dining package?

ShanPooh
04-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm so excited that we got free dining!
:party2:
We had a AAA discount at Port Orleans but switched to ASMusic for the free dining since we would be paying rack rate.

Only waited an hour and five minutes on the phone to talk to someone :old:

Our total was about $100 more than I had estimated (yep, I included 6.5% sales tax for the tickets and 13% for resort tax).

A couple hours later I got online and looked at our reservation confirmation and it had:

09/02/2008 FEATURE
MINIATURE GOLF VOUCHER

09/02/2008 FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD MERCH. VCHR

09/02/2008 FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR

09/02/2008 FEATURE
SEA RAYCER OFFER VOUCHER

Would these vouchers (that I was not told were part of our package) have something to do with our total being $100 more than it should be with just room and tickets?

Are we able to take those vouchers off to save some money?

We decided against the travel insurance, so I know it isn't that.

Thanks all!

Shan
trying to do WDWACAP (Walt Disney World as cheap as possible) :D

CleveRocks
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Those are just standard "freebies" that are a part of all packages.

You weren't charged extra for them, and you can't refuse them and request a credit for them.

CONGRATULATIONS!

MNNHFLTX
04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Nope, those are all free add-ons to the dining package. Disney will send you you a receipt with your vouchers so that you can see a break-down of what they charged you, or you might want to call them back now and ask them to itemize it for you over the phone (I know--not a thrilling prospect after waiting so long the first time). Maybe you might want to call back first thing in the morning and hope the lines aren't as busy. :)

Taja
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
You might want to check to see if your package included travel insurance. WDW packages include it automatically--you have to decline it if you don't want it.

Edited to add:

Just reread the OP's post--travel insurance not included. Still, I recommend checking your documents to be sure it wasn't included.

bigbabyblues
04-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Are you sure you didn't get a preferred room when you thought you were getting standard? That would be about $10 or so a night.