PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Jack's lobster

puppypolice
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I was thinking of making ADRs here for the twin lobster tails, since my entire family loves lobster. Does anyone out there know what kind of lobster they serve? I'm asuming that it is rock lobster:unsure:, and if so, trying to determine if it is worth it or not. I have read in other posts that it was enjoyed, but I am not a complete fan of rock lobster. I am doing DDP & not willing to use 2TS credits for one dinner. Any info, good or bad, will be greatly appreciated:eat:

Disneytrotters
04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Actually, the twin lobster tails there are Australian lobsters. I make sure to get these at least once per visit, and highly recommend them!!! Delish!!!:cloud9:

KineGirl
04-07-2008, 03:34 PM
The tails are Australian which is closer to the Florida lobster than Rock. .. sooo yummy. Its the only dish I like there tho. Capn Jacks not one of my faves.

Tinkerfreak
04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Being from Maine I won't eat a lobster unless it is a Maine lobster which is the best lobster in the world;)
Just had to poke a little fun at you. :D

puppypolice
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree. Maine lobster is the best & I didn't think there was any chance of the twin lobster tails being Maine lobster, but it doesn't hurt to dream. Thanks for the info & answering my question.

disneymomw_3boys
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Where is Capt. Jacks.... Never been there before but sounds great.

gamblefamily5
04-07-2008, 09:18 PM
We went to eat there and it was UCK! UCK! UCK!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Where is Capt. Jacks.... Never been there before but sounds great.

It is located in Downtown Disney...it's on the Marketplace side on the water. It's near the Rainforest Cafe.

TheRustyScupper
04-08-2008, 12:41 PM
. . . Being from Maine I won't eat a lobster unless it is a Maine lobster which is the best lobster in the world . . .

1) Of course, we all know that less than 30% of Maine Lobster comes from Maine.
2) In fact, some of the lobster eaten on Maine is imported.
3) Most Maine Lobster are caught/harvested from Canada to the Carolinas.
4) Maine Lobster is a species and not a geographic region.

Natazu
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
1) Of course, we all know that less than 30% of Maine Lobster comes from Maine.
2) In fact, some of the lobster eaten on Maine is imported.
3) Most Maine Lobster are caught/harvested from Canada to the Carolinas.
4) Maine Lobster is a species and not a geographic region.

It is my understanding the lobsters moved to from Maine to Canada in search of universal health care but they have to come back once a month to pay for their supplemental insurance.

Tinkerfreak
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
It is my understanding the lobsters moved to from Maine to Canada in search of universal health care but they have to come back once a month to pay for their supplemental insurance.

:funny::laughing::rotfl:

BluewaterBrad
04-08-2008, 04:05 PM

Priceless!!:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I know that Cpt N Jacks often gets not so great reviews, but I have to say it is one of my family's favorites. I have yet to have a bad meal there. I am from New England and I think the twin lobster is delicious. Sure it is not Maine lobster, but delicious all the same. The crab cakes and shrimp cocktail for the appetizers are another favorite. My DH loves the chicken alfredo dish there. The location is beautiful, right on the water. I suggest going there for dinner. (we often stay at POFQ and take the boat)