PDA

View Full Version : Do they offer a summer room discount in August?

minnie2002
04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if they offer a summer room discount in August or earlier. We have a trip planned for late August and we just miss the free dining cutoff. I was wondering if they will lower the room rates for earlier in the month or sometime during the summer. Then if I paid for the dining out of my pocket it would be almost a wash. I am tempted to go during free dining, but that would mean my kids would miss the first two days of school. We just moved to North Dakota this year and they start before labor day. I am used to Minnesota where they have to start after labor day. I wish school didn't have to get in the way. I am on the fence weather to jump at free dining and have my children miss two days of school. Go before school. Or go during the middle of the year and then they would miss a week of school. Any ideas? Or does anyone know of any summer discounts.

Thanks

KylesMom
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
As of yet, summer discounts have not been released. It has been our experience that Disney will see what resorts have lower attendance (if any), and release summer discounts based on occupancy levels. We are A/P holders but have not been offered A/P discounts for a few years for our selected resort choices, so we've taken advantage of AAA room-only rates.

With regard to your kids and school, only you can make that decision . . . good luck! :mickey: